16:00 <coreycb> #startmeeting ubuntu-server-team
16:00 <meetingology> Meeting started Tue Mar 22 16:00:46 2016 UTC.  The chair is coreycb. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.ubuntu.com/meetingology.
16:00 <meetingology> 
16:00 <meetingology> Available commands: action commands idea info link nick
16:00 <jgrimm> o/
16:00 <teward> o/
16:00 <coreycb> hello everyone
16:01 <coreycb> let's get started
16:01 <cpaelzer> o/
16:01 <coreycb> #topic Review ACTION points from previous meeting
16:01 <coreycb> let's see..
16:01 <coreycb> jgrimm to update/clean up blueprint
16:01 <matsubara> o/
16:01 <jgrimm> coreycb, keep it for me
16:01 <coreycb> jgrimm, will do
16:02 <coreycb> that was it for action items from last time
16:02 <coreycb> #topic Xenial Development
16:02 <coreycb> #link https://wiki.ubuntu.com/XenialXerus/ReleaseSchedule
16:02 <coreycb> One month until final release of xenial!
16:02 <jgrimm> w00t
16:03 <jgrimm> wow, wiki is painfully slow loading
16:03 <cpaelzer> you even get internal server errors sometimes
16:03 <coreycb> xenial entered final beta freeze yesterday
16:04 <coreycb> the upload queue is frozen at this point until final freeze so uploads require release team review
16:04 <coreycb> final beta images are scheduled for release late Thurs
16:04 <coreycb> s/final freeze/final release/ above
16:04 <caribou> do we want to push for kickinz1's latest clamav merge through release review ?
16:05 <caribou> there is an FFE for that one I believe
16:06 <caribou> jgrimm: ^^
16:06 <jgrimm> caribou, what's in it?
16:06 <coreycb> caribou, maybe rbasak-laptop has input too
16:06 <caribou> jgrimm: dunno kickinz1 did the recent merge
16:06 <rbasak-laptop> I'm not sure I've seen it.
16:06 <rbasak-laptop> Does it involve feature changes?
16:06 <kickinz1> jgrimm, caribou not a lot, mainly debian cleanups
16:07 <caribou> llvm3.6 is one thing I noticed
16:07 <caribou> we may want to avoid dragging llvm3.5 deps into Xenial
16:08 <caribou> I'll take that one offline with the release team if you don't mind
16:08 <coreycb> caribou, sounds good, thanks
16:08 <coreycb> caribou, I'll put an action down and we can check status next week
16:08 <caribou> coreycb: was about to ask
16:09 <coreycb> alright then moving on
16:09 <coreycb> #subtopic Release Bugs
16:09 <coreycb> #link http://reqorts.qa.ubuntu.com/reports/rls-mgr/rls-w-tracking-bug-tasks.html#ubuntu-server
16:09 <jgrimm> caribou, kickinz1:  wrt clamav. if just cleanups, probably not worth pushing .. everyone's busy and other stuff we really do want to get in
16:10 <coreycb> bug 1508874 is high importance and not triaged
16:10 <ubottu> bug 1508874 in nova-lxd (Ubuntu Xenial) "Please disable cpu resource configuration" [High,New] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1508874
16:10 <caribou> jgrimm: I'll ask Foundation about the llvm3.6 dependancy
16:10 <jgrimm> caribou, k
16:11 <coreycb> jamespage, can we mark 1508874 as triaged?  I assume so.
16:11 <kickinz1> caribou, jgrimm I agree, previous ubuntu clamav is alreay depending on llvm3.6
16:12 <jgrimm> k
16:12 <coreycb> that's all I see for bugs
16:12 <coreycb> moving on
16:12 <coreycb> #topic Server & Cloud Bugs (caribou)
16:13 <caribou> I'm working on adding dep8 tests to makedumpfile
16:13 <caribou> also working on enabling it on s390x
16:13 <coreycb> caribou, sounds fun, good luck
16:13 <caribou> other than that, nothing worth mentioning
16:13 <coreycb> caribou, ok thanks
16:13 <coreycb> #topic Weekly Updates & Questions for the QA Team (matsubara)
16:13 <matsubara> hi there
16:13 <matsubara> Test case failure: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/debian-installer/+bug/1559507
16:13 <ubottu> Launchpad bug 1559507 in debian-installer (Ubuntu) "Keyboard selection is missed" [High,Confirmed]
16:14 <matsubara> so, teward and philw brought to my attention that bug yesterday. I confirmed the issue today.
16:14 <matsubara> It's not possible to choose the keyboard layout
16:14 <matsubara> some further info from another reporter indicates a similar  problem is happening in the desktop iso
16:14 <matsubara> so I'll look into that issue and keep the OP and reporters updated in the bug report.
16:15 <jgrimm> thanks matsubara
16:15 <coreycb> matsubara, ok thanks.  should that be escalated to the desktop team?
16:15 <matsubara> coreycb, I'll debug it further today and then talk to someone in the desktop team
16:15 <coreycb> matsubara, sounds good
16:15 <matsubara> in any case, I'll look into what's the root cause
16:15 <coreycb> matsubara, thanks
16:16 <matsubara> also, I wrote a dep8 test for open-iscsi to avoid regressions like https://code.launchpad.net/bugs/1553017
16:16 <coreycb> any questions for matsubara ?
16:16 <matsubara> I'm sheparding it through review
16:16 <coreycb> matsubara, nice job, lots of dep8 test working going on!
16:16 <matsubara> but I expect it to be landed this week
16:16 <matsubara> and that's all from me
16:16 <matsubara> thanks coreycb
16:17 <coreycb> #topic Weekly Updates & Questions for the Kernel Team (smb, sforshee, arges)
16:17 <matsubara> s/to be landed/to land it/
16:17 <smb> Nothing about the kernel as far as I know. Maybe to mention here as well that fixing dhclient required updating bind9 so might be good to keep an eye on DNS as well in case there was collateral damage there (in Xenial that is). Anything to bring up / ask us?
16:18 <smb> 3..2..1..gone..
16:19 <jgrimm> thanks!
16:23 <jgrimm> coreycb, still there?
16:24 <jgrimm> heh.  well, let's keep going
16:24 <jgrimm> #topic Upcoming Call For Papers
16:25 <jgrimm> #topic Ubuntu Server Team Events
16:26 <jgrimm> #topic Open Discussion
16:26 <jgrimm> is anyone left out there?
16:26 <teward> i'm still alive
16:26 * rbasak-laptop is here
16:26 <teward> but it got missed in the Xenial Development part
16:26 <jgrimm> heh. thanks was feeling lonely
16:26 <cpaelzer> yep
16:26 <teward> after poking the Release team, nginx 1.9.12 finally landed
16:27 <rbasak-laptop> \o/
16:27 <teward> the FFe for the upload got stucked
16:27 <rbasak-laptop> Thanks teward
16:27 <teward> once infinity approved, i pushed the upload in, and it landed.  :)
16:27 <jgrimm> \o/
16:27 <rbasak-laptop> I really appreciate not having to worry about nginx
16:27 <teward> rbasak-laptop: you're welcome, next update is going to be equally annoying I think given Final Beta freeze, but I'll check with Release team before uploading anything more :)
16:27 <rbasak-laptop> Since I know you have a handle on it
16:27 <teward> rbasak-laptop: indeed, it's nice to have it always-watched by someone :)
16:28 <teward> rbasak-laptop: i'm happy to keep an eye on it :)
16:28 * teward returns to silence and shadows
16:28 <jgrimm> thanks teward
16:28 <teward> jgrimm: you're welcome!
16:29 <jgrimm> anyone else?
16:29 <smb> Hm, maybe as open discussion topic... how do we convince the bot to end the meeting without coreycb ? ;)
16:29 <jgrimm> smb, indeed!
16:30 <cpaelzer> command should be command, no matter who issues it right?
16:30 <cpaelzer> oh really it cares about the "master" of the session - uh
16:30 <smb> No I think there is a affection to the person who starts a meeting
16:30 <jgrimm> claims to need chair
16:31 <jgrimm> we can try for kicks tho
16:31 <jgrimm> #endmeeting
16:31 <jgrimm> there ya go.
16:33 <cpaelzer> #chair jgrimm
16:33 <jgrimm> #endmeeting
16:33 <jgrimm> still nothing
16:33 <cpaelzer> #unchair coreycb
16:34 <cpaelzer> none of the chair commands work if not being a chair :-/
16:34 <cpaelzer> staring a new one might ovveride it?
16:34 <cpaelzer> starting
16:34 <meetingology> jgrimm: Error: Can't start another meeting, one is in progress.
16:35 <jgrimm> cpaelzer, i think it timesout at somepoint
16:35 <jgrimm> or i hope at least
16:36 <cpaelzer> kernel Team is next in 25 minutes
16:36 <cpaelzer> smb: will notice then
16:36 <smb> cpaelzer, luckily we don't do those anymore
16:36 <cpaelzer> ok, then it should time out - 2nd is in almost two days
16:37 <jgrimm> Well, thanks everyone.. hopefully will resolve itself.