16:03 <pitti> #startmeeting
16:03 <meetingology> Meeting started Thu Feb 18 16:03:39 2016 UTC.  The chair is pitti. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.ubuntu.com/meetingology.
16:03 <meetingology> 
16:03 <meetingology> Available commands: action commands idea info link nick
16:03 <pitti> #topic Lightning Round
16:03 <pitti> $ echo $(shuf -e barry doko bdmurray slangasek caribou infinity sil2100 robru cyphermox pitti tdaitx xnox)
16:03 <pitti> slangasek cyphermox barry caribou bdmurray xnox sil2100 robru doko pitti infinity tdaitx
16:04 <pitti> and the winner is absent!
16:04 <pitti> cyphermox: would you have the honor?
16:04 <doko> or silently listening ;p
16:04 <pitti> and did I miss anyone? chiluk?
16:05 <barry> pitti: i think chiluk was the only missing
16:05 * xnox ponders that i should probably prepare and update note or something
16:05 <pitti> barry: go ahead please
16:05 <barry> (based on my last meeting bip log)
16:05 <barry> pytest 2.8.7-2; python-mode 1:6.2.2-1; debian bug #813399 (python-pip 8.0.2-6); debian bug #814571 (python-pip 8.0.2-7); debian bug #814834; fixing other issues with proposed migration for tox and virtualenv; tox 2.3.1-2 and 2.3.1-3; fades 5-1; planet-venus merge and sync;
16:05 <ubottu> Debian bug 813399 in python-pip-whl "python-pip-whl: fails to upgrade from 'testing' - trying to overwrite /usr/share/python-wheels/six-1.10.0-py2.py3-none-any.whl" [Serious,Fixed] http://bugs.debian.org/813399
16:05 <ubottu> Debian bug 814571 in python-pip "python-setuptools-whl and python-pip-whl: error when trying to install together" [Serious,Fixed] http://bugs.debian.org/814571
16:05 <ubottu> Debian bug 814834 in src:pytest "pytest fails its DEP-8 tests on Python 3.5-only systems" [Important,Fixed] http://bugs.debian.org/814834
16:05 <barry> system-image server reviews for sil2100; LP: 1508081
16:05 <ubottu> Launchpad bug 1508081 in ubuntu-system-settings (Ubuntu) "Fails to receive OTA updates" [High,In progress] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1508081
16:05 <barry> LP: #1440504 (libpeas split - done!)
16:05 <ubottu> Launchpad bug 1440504 in libpeas (Debian) "libpeas-1.0-0 depends on both libpython2.7 and libpython3.4" [Unknown,New] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1440504
16:06 <barry> helped kirkland and others with some python questions
16:06 <barry> Python 3 only spec: 11 packages still holding python2 on the desktop iso; software-center is gone!  the next big one is samba-libs.
16:06 <barry> --done--
16:06 <pitti> s-c is already gone? wohooo!!
16:06 <pitti> congrats
16:06 <pitti> so gnome-software it is now?
16:06 <barry> i think so.  it's not on today's daily
16:06 <pitti> caribou: ?
16:07 <doko> pitti, just sent a note that he's late
16:07 <pitti> bdmurray: ?
16:07 <bdmurray> worked on getting floating IPs assinged to daisy & errors (devops)
16:07 <bdmurray> worked w/ webops re mojo issue after wendigo update
16:07 <bdmurray> submitted mojo bug (LP: #1546262) re directories
16:07 <bdmurray> backport of new gdb to precise / upload to daisy-pluckers ppa
16:07 <ubottu> Launchpad bug 1546262 in mojo "mojo required full path for $MOJO_SPEC" [Medium,In progress] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1546262
16:08 <bdmurray> upgrading gdb on staging / production retracers
16:08 <bdmurray> discussion w/ stub regarding cassandra data migration
16:08 <bdmurray> research into LP: #1544612 (wireless sysctl file)
16:08 <bdmurray> research into debootstrap bug (LP: #1544760)
16:08 <ubottu> Launchpad bug 1544612 in pm-utils (Ubuntu Trusty) "Missing fix for 1299975 claimed to be in pm-utils (1.4.1-13ubuntu0.1)" [High,Fix committed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1544612
16:08 <ubottu> Launchpad bug 1544760 in debootstrap (Ubuntu) "Not possible to use armhf with debootstrap" [High,Triaged] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1544760
16:08 <bdmurray> research into gdb and stacktrace_address_signature issue
16:08 <bdmurray> ✔ done
16:08 <cyphermox> ugh, sorry, I'm here now
16:08 <xnox> please skip me.
16:09 <pitti> cyphermox: ok, take xnox' place then (now)
16:09 <sil2100> cyphermox: maybe you go now?
16:09 <sil2100> :)
16:09 <cyphermox> aye
16:09 <cyphermox> xenial:
16:09 <cyphermox> - debugging hw-detect disk scan errors on RDAC multipath (bug lp: #1546606)
16:09 <cyphermox> - enable libnftnl tests
16:09 <cyphermox> - investigating memtest avail. on server image w/ smoser
16:09 <ubottu> Launchpad bug 1546606 in hw-detect (Ubuntu) "Unable to install Ubuntu 16.04 on Tuleta with multipath setup" [High,In progress] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1546606
16:09 <cyphermox> - reviewing new package: libcxl
16:09 <cyphermox> - rework ubiquity prepare plugin
16:09 <cyphermox> - testing console-setup merge
16:09 <cyphermox> - unbreak ubiquity for kubuntu
16:09 <cyphermox> trusty:
16:09 <cyphermox> - cert on powerVM
16:09 <cyphermox> - prepare Changes doc for 14.04.4 release
16:09 <cyphermox> (done)
16:09 <sil2100> o/
16:09 <sil2100> - Landing team work, silo coordination, preparing landing e-mails
16:09 <sil2100> - RTM Status meetings
16:09 <sil2100> - Coordinating the release of the glibc security fix to ubuntu-touch
16:09 <sil2100> - Custom tarball infrastructure:
16:09 <sil2100> * Following up on the team's RT ticket
16:09 <sil2100> * Getting access to s-jenkins for reference
16:09 <sil2100> * Poking Francis and Paul for an armhf jenkins slave, setting it up
16:09 <sil2100> - OTA-9.1 (hotfix):
16:10 <sil2100> * Heated discussion about the milestone existance, fix to include itp.
16:10 <sil2100> * Preparing the emergency snapshot PPA with the proper contents
16:10 <sil2100> * Multiple image builds (re-spins) and cherry-picking fixes
16:10 <sil2100> - OTA-9.5 (frieza):
16:10 <sil2100> * Preparations of images, copying first official candidate to the rc channel
16:10 <sil2100> - system-image:
16:10 <sil2100> * More tests for scripts
16:10 <sil2100> * Finishing up and merging in the fix for repacking recovery keyrings
16:10 <sil2100> - Some minor work regarding enablement of the turbo device in our public system-image
16:10 <sil2100> - Taking care of the python-pysaml2 merge
16:10 <sil2100> - Seed changes as per pending ubuntu-touch requirements
16:10 <sil2100> - Discussions about the future of our touch frameworks
16:10 <sil2100> - Planning and experimenting on a way to auto-validate OTA PPA snapshots contents
16:10 <sil2100> (done)
16:10 <pitti> sil2100: oh, s-jenkins is still a thing? I thought these all got shut down
16:10 <sil2100> pitti: no, it's still there as many teams didn't manage to migrate
16:10 * xnox is ready
16:11 <pitti> xnox: go
16:11 <robru> go xnox
16:11 <xnox> Doing a few NEW packages for s390x port, all in NEW waiting review
16:11 <xnox> Did a fixup of packages not rebuilt for python3.5 transition
16:11 <xnox> Was out Thursday-Friday last week on holiday, at SPI sprint in NYC loads of progress on how to get SPI running better, bdale was there met up with Karen too
16:11 <xnox> Fixing a bunch of installer related bugs, on s390x.
16:11 <xnox> Working on fixing FTBFS of docker.io build-depends, to have a chance at merging it (golang circular FTBFS build-deps make this bootstrap fun)
16:11 <xnox> ..
16:11 <robru> lp:bileto
16:11 <robru> * send britney results immediately after each silo is known rather than batching results until all silos are complete
16:11 <robru> * fix a bunch of logging issues in the britney glue related to python output buffering
16:11 <robru> * begin using proper production creds rather than logging into lp anonymously
16:11 <robru> * big refactoring, dropping SSO team & server side session support, eliminating several hundred lines of code
16:11 <robru> * [not landed yet] began working on ephemeral PPA creation & deletion.
16:11 <robru> lp:canonical-mojo-specs
16:11 <robru> * finally fixed issue with postgres charm, so db is back on persistent disk
16:11 <robru> lp:cupstream2distro
16:11 <robru> * refactor all the new swift code to greatly improve reliability of artifact uploads
16:11 <robru> * log swift artifacts in publish log for easy reference
16:11 <robru> (end)
16:12 <pitti> robru: ah, did the staggering of britney help reduce the latency?
16:12 <doko> - usual toolchain updates ...
16:12 <doko> - more transitions, ftbfs fixes, nbs, ...
16:12 <doko> - ongoing gnutls transition
16:12 <doko> - preparing for go1.6, both golang and gccgo
16:12 <doko> - python3 bindings for samba libs talloc, tdb, ldb
16:12 <doko> - gdb 7.11 (branch)
16:12 <doko> - bind9 review and bug fixes
16:12 <robru> pitti: yeah
16:12 <doko> - grep build failure on powerpc, solved by giving it back a dozen times
16:12 <doko> - gcc-4.9 and cross compilers now finally buildable in the release pocket
16:12 <doko> - finally patched various unity packages myself to get rid off libgee
16:12 <doko> (done)
16:12 <pitti> autopkgtest:
16:12 <pitti> - Simplify autopkgtest-retrier code, generalize it, and integrate into autopkgtest-cloud
16:12 <pitti> - Enable test requests from GitHub; running for systemd upstream PRs now
16:12 <pitti> - Support multiple trigger arguments for request.cgi (mostly for kernel team)
16:12 <pitti> Apport:
16:12 <pitti> - Review/fix/cleanup stgraber's branch for reporting crashes in containers, landed in Xenial
16:12 <pitti> - Adjust tests for new gdb
16:12 <pitti> - Investigate bad address signatures (#1533349)
16:12 <robru> pitti: each run takes an hour now so putting results immediately rather than waiting till the end is a huge speedup
16:12 <pitti> distro:
16:12 <pitti> - Build and test fresh xenial -base langpacks
16:12 <pitti> - Review/sponsor smoser's open-iscsi merge
16:12 <pitti> - systemd: Debug test failure on several arches, fix installation with RAMTMP=yes (#1545707), various autopkgtest robustifications
16:13 <pitti> - pm-utils: Fix wireless hooks for different drivers (#1544612), some packaging modernizations
16:13 <pitti> - merged util-linux
16:13 <pitti>16:13 <pitti> no infinity, so tdaitx
16:13 <xnox> doko, do you want to upload golang 1.6 final? or should I?
16:13 <pitti> sil2100: "future of our touch frameworks" → in terms of moving to snappy, or moving away from vivid? any news ther?
16:13 <doko> xnox, I was asked to do it, but if you want, go ahead
16:14 <xnox> doko, ok, let me see if i can get that in today.
16:14 <pitti> ok, no tdaitx either
16:14 <pitti> #topic AOB
16:15 <doko> component mismatches ...
16:15 <doko> http://people.canonical.com/~ubuntu-archive/component-mismatches-proposed.svg
16:15 <sil2100> pitti: not so far into the future like snappy, but we a few meetings regarding how to manage those per-OTA update and what to do after we switch away from vivid
16:15 <sil2100> pitti: nothing definite yet though, we didn't have any decision power there so far
16:15 <pitti> sil2100: well, having a workable solution already sounds very promising :)
16:15 <pitti> thanks
16:15 <doko> please have a look at these on the top, see which is foundations related, pick up an incomplete MIR ...
16:16 <robru> sil2100: what's the timeline to switch away from vivid?
16:16 <xnox> sil2100, what about building ubuntu userspace on arm64? and supporting armhf & arm64 in the store?
16:16 <barry> doko: `python3 -m venv foo` still works
16:17 <sil2100> robru: no real timetable, it's a taboo topic right now, everyone thinks about it but no one wants to talk about it our loud
16:17 <sil2100> ;)
16:18 <barry> sil2100: so system-image is still twitching :)
16:18 <sil2100> xnox: I know there were a few management discussions about that but sadly I wasn't included, so I don't know much about the final plans
16:18 <robru> sil2100: oh that sounds like a healthy way to run a commercial product
16:19 <sil2100> xnox: for now we stick with armhf userspace
16:20 <sil2100> barry: well, in a sense, yes ;) I don't know what to think anymore as whenever I talk about s-i somewhere people are like: "meh, it's old stuff, snappy that snappy this"
16:21 <barry> sil2100: yeah
16:21 <doko> so who picks which incomplete MIR?
16:21 <barry> but i've also been told i can't ignore si client just yet ;)
16:22 <sil2100> barry: it's hard to say we should ignore s-i since most of my day is related to doing s-i stuff ;p
16:22 <pitti> anything else for the meeting, or should we close this?
16:22 <barry> sil2100: right.  i have a high priority task that i will be getting back to today
16:22 <sil2100> barry: in case you have an MR, you know where to find me!
16:23 <barry> sil2100: \o/
16:23 <doko> pitti, well, I asked, but nobody replied
16:24 <pitti> well, since libbusiness-isbn-perl is at the left, I'll just pick that
16:24 <caribou> o/
16:24 <pitti> indicator-datetime has been there for multiple releases and is an "ignore", right?
16:24 <barry> xnox: is gonna automatically fix all the 'B's
16:24 <xnox> ?!
16:25 * xnox looks
16:25 <barry> xnox: build-depends :)
16:25 <doko> pitti, please cut the dependency chain before maven-debian-helper
16:25 <pitti> doko: oh, I was going to cut it right at the top if possible
16:25 <doko> indicator-datetime is a false positive
16:25 <xnox> barry, well, we need to send pitti and doko on a holiday for like a month, do the lp switch, then when they come back it will be "too late" to change things back.
16:26 <pitti> I'll reply to your last reply on the ML
16:26 <doko> xnox, if you send us way, nothing will migrate anymore
16:26 <pitti> that's not what I meant
16:26 <pitti> doko: hm, but that also means nothing will break, so we *can* actually go to holidays
16:26 <xnox> this svg graph is fun
16:27 <xnox> i like the island of "python-hypothesis" =)
16:27 <barry> i'm glad i have a jillion x bazillion resolution monitor
16:27 <doko> barry, do you take python-hypothesis?
16:27 <barry> doko: yes, i jsut found that
16:27 <barry> LP: #1546982
16:27 <ubottu> Launchpad bug 1546982 in python-genty (Ubuntu) "[MIR] b-d's of python-hypothesis: python-flaky and python-genty" [Undecided,New] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1546982
16:27 * xnox ponders why we have kde4 in main
16:27 <xnox> sorry kde4libs
16:28 <pitti> we always had
16:28 <pitti> php5, that sounds like picking which version of PHP we want to support in xenial
16:29 <pitti> firebird is something that I wouldn't like to see in main, the rest looks harmless at first sight
16:29 <xnox> firebird is evil.
16:29 <doko> firebird is dropped in 5, needs to be dropped in 7
16:29 <pitti> but I'm quite sure php can be built without firebird support
16:29 <xnox> i see like 3 patches to get us onto php7 i think.
16:30 <doko> but it's unclear for me how far we are away from 7
16:30 <pitti> so is "7" the answer for xenial now?
16:30 <nacc> pitti: yes (from the server team)
16:30 <pitti> as long as it's not two major versions
16:30 <pitti> nacc: ah, good
16:30 <nacc> right, just 7
16:30 <nacc> no 5
16:30 <doko> pitti, both depend on defaults ...
16:31 <doko> nacc, how will you drop 5?
16:31 <pitti> ok, so that whole php5 blob there should disappear
16:31 <doko> anyway, one last issue: http://people.canonical.com/~ubuntu-archive/transitions/html/gnutls28.html
16:31 <doko> fixes welcome
16:32 <doko> needed for everything execpt efl and ubuntu-meta
16:32 <xnox> https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1546823
16:32 <ubottu> Launchpad bug 1546823 in swig (Ubuntu) "swig: disable PHP bindings until PHP7 support exists" [Wishlist,New]
16:32 <xnox> are three outstanding patches there, i think.
16:33 <nacc> doko: not sure how to answer that, we have an ongoing transition to migrate all deps throughout the archive to php- (not php7.0-) as requested by the debian maintainer, and there's a bootstrap needed for building some tightly bd-looped stuff
16:33 <nacc> doko: but in theory once that's done (and i've got another set that needs manual work), there will be nothing depending on php5 in the archive
16:35 <nacc> xnox: right that's an unfortunate consequence, but does fix-up two of the main -> php5 deps that i hit; and the hope is we can get upstream fixed relatively soon (just haven't had enough time to spend on it myself)
16:40 <doko> pitti, end?
16:41 <pitti> yeah, I guess so
16:41 <pitti> #endmeeting