16:02 <slangasek> #startmeeting
16:02 <meetingology> Meeting started Thu Feb 11 16:02:49 2016 UTC.  The chair is slangasek. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.ubuntu.com/meetingology.
16:02 <meetingology> 
16:02 <meetingology> Available commands: action commands idea info link nick
16:02 <slangasek> [TOPIC] Lightning round
16:03 <slangasek> $ echo $(shuf -e barry doko bdmurray slangasek caribou infinity sil2100 robru cyphermox pitti tdaitx xnox chiluk)
16:03 <slangasek> barry xnox tdaitx infinity robru cyphermox pitti slangasek chiluk sil2100 bdmurray doko caribou
16:03 <barry> \o/
16:03 <barry> finished up the bileto sprint, ue status meeting, resolving various issues with ISP
16:03 <barry> dirtbike 0.3, virtualenv 14.0.5+ds-1, pytest 2.8.7-1 (still looking into xenial-only build failures), six 1.10.0-3, colorama 0.3.6-1, distlib 0.2.2-1, html5lib 0.99-4, setuptools de-wheel patch, debian bug #725848, several python-pips up to 8.0.2-5
16:03 <ubottu> Debian bug 725848 in python-pip "python-pip: default install method for non-root users should be --user" [Normal,Open] http://bugs.debian.org/725848
16:03 <barry> LP: #1508081
16:03 <ubottu> Launchpad bug 1508081 in ubuntu-system-settings (Ubuntu) "Fails to receive OTA updates" [High,In progress] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1508081
16:03 <barry> --done--
16:04 <slangasek> xnox is out today
16:04 <slangasek> tdaitx:
16:04 <tdaitx> Really short week: vacation on Thu/Fri, holidays on Mon/Tue
16:04 <tdaitx> * Going through 300+ emails
16:04 <tdaitx> * Getting TCK to run for OpenJDK 7 on trusty based on Jean-Baptiste scripts (using LXC),
16:04 <tdaitx> * Submitted my performance review after rewriting it a few times already
16:04 <tdaitx> Next:
16:04 <tdaitx> * get that TCK up and running, check the reports
16:04 <tdaitx> * fill in the time waiting for TCK with something useful
16:04 <tdaitx> (done)
16:04 <doko> barry, pip as root? /me runs away
16:04 <infinity> (Very) short week, due to illness:
16:04 <infinity> * SRU work and point release prep for 14.04.4
16:04 <infinity> * glibc prep for xenial
16:04 <infinity> * glibc prep for upcoming security updates
16:04 <infinity> * Meetings about golang backports in LTSes
16:04 <infinity> * still sick, trying to focus on the screen :P
16:04 <infinity> Next week:
16:04 <infinity> * 14.04.4 release
16:05 <infinity> * snappy sprint
16:05 <infinity> (done)
16:05 <barry> doko: basically just porting the ubuntu delta to debian so i don't have to do manual merges :/
16:05 <slangasek> robru: yo
16:05 <barry> root pip still goes to /usr/local
16:07 <cyphermox> no robru?
16:07 <slangasek> cyphermox:
16:07 <cyphermox> trusty:
16:07 <cyphermox> - multipath-tools on LVM (bug lp: #1540401)
16:07 <cyphermox> - prep/subarch bugfix (bug lp: #1533587)
16:07 <cyphermox> - debian-installer rebuild for libdebian-installer archdetect fix
16:07 <ubottu> Launchpad bug 1540401 in multipath-tools (Ubuntu) "ISST-LTE: Ubuntu14.04.4 lpar fails to boot after installation: "The disk drive for /boot is not ready yet or not present"" [Critical,In progress] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1540401
16:07 <ubottu> Launchpad bug 1523637 in libdebian-installer (Ubuntu Trusty) "duplicate for #1533587 grub-installer fails due to alternate disk partition error - 14.04.3" [High,Fix committed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1523637
16:07 <cyphermox> xenial:
16:07 <cyphermox> - choose-mirror CC.ports.u.c support
16:07 <cyphermox> - discussing ubiquity design w/ mpt
16:07 <cyphermox> - grub2 shim+dkms integration
16:07 * doko is jealous about two days vacation for carnival ...
16:07 <cyphermox> - ibmpmlinux review
16:07 <cyphermox> - kpartx loopback
16:07 <cyphermox> - testing grub2 enforcing kernel signature
16:07 <cyphermox> paperwork:
16:07 <cyphermox> - taxes forms fun
16:07 <cyphermox> precise:
16:07 <cyphermox> - discuss multipath-tools SRU next steps w/ caribou
16:08 <cyphermox> as you may have notcied I'm still refining my xsl for my tasks list...
16:08 <cyphermox> (done)
16:08 <pitti> wow, xsl
16:08 <pitti> autopkgtest:
16:08 <pitti> - Don't run PPA (silo) tests against -proposed, to behave the same as actual -proposed packages (#1541334)
16:08 <cyphermox> yeah, high tech huh
16:08 <pitti> - Fix package component detection for silo retry buttons (#1542239)
16:08 <pitti> - Fix silos flipping between running and approved (#1537866)
16:08 <pitti> - Add robustification for lxc-{start,stop} hang on armhf (#1536021)
16:08 <pitti> - Adjust LXD documentation for changed standard images without deb-src
16:08 <pitti> - Fix build profile handling with too old libdpkg when building tested package
16:08 <pitti> - Track down missing proxy env vars on trusty/ppc64el (#1539126)
16:08 <pitti> - Debug ppc64el Scalingstack DHCP failure with IS
16:08 <pitti> - debci: fix empty queues in running.json (#1542833)
16:08 <pitti> systemd:
16:08 <pitti> - Add some glue and test/packaging adjustments to test an upstream PR against our packaging and autopkgtests (ongoing)
16:08 <pitti> - Fix fsckd test regression (#1543144)
16:08 <pitti> - Optimize runtime of autopkgtests (from ~60 to ~30 mins)
16:08 <pitti> - test new lxcfs 2.0, drop our remaining support patch for that (not necessary any more)
16:08 <pitti> distro:
16:08 <pitti> - cloud-init: Debug weird time zone behaviour on cloud images (#1543025)
16:08 <pitti> - ifupdown: add autopkgtest
16:08 <pitti> - Fix invoke-rc.d regression for chroot install of packages without sysv script (#1543051)
16:09 <pitti> - Clean up remaining usage of running-in-container (#1539016)
16:09 <pitti> - Consistently use /etc/adjtime for UTC vs. LOCAL, grep archive for catching all of it (#1541532)
16:09 <pitti> - prepare Debian debdiff for libseccomp, to reduce our delta, and merge
16:09 <pitti> - postgresql: prepare new upstream security/bug fix releases for all supported Ubuntu releases (#1544576)
16:09 <pitti> (END)
16:09 <pitti> cyphermox: I actually like the concept, if it wasn't so unwieldy
16:09 <tdaitx> doko: get your politicians "moving" =)
16:09 <cyphermox> pitti: I'm happy with the result now to massage hamster-applet's time tracking xml to something useful for this meeting
16:10 <slangasek> * working with server team on php7 bootstrap
16:10 <slangasek> * working on standing up .deb based images for rpi2
16:10 <slangasek> * presentation prep work for the snappy sprint next week
16:10 <slangasek> * short-timer, soon to be disappearing for 4 weeks
16:10 <slangasek> (done)
16:11 <slangasek> chiluk:
16:11 <chiluk> nothing public for me this week.  I've been distracted with some ceph "fun" although I did poke on lp 1535278
16:11 <ubottu> Launchpad bug 1535278 in ceph (Ubuntu Trusty) "0.80.11 stable point release" [Medium,Fix committed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1535278
16:11 <bdmurray> you keep saying that...
16:11 <slangasek> bdmurray: :)
16:11 <sil2100> Me?
16:11 <bdmurray> yep
16:11 <sil2100> - Landing team work, silo coordination, preparing landing e-mails
16:11 <sil2100> - RTM Status meetings
16:11 <sil2100> - system-image:
16:11 <sil2100> * Investigate issues with fetching device tarballs from remote system-image servers
16:11 <sil2100> * Prepared branch fixing some issues with our recovery keyring repack functionality
16:11 <sil2100> - Handling the libjsoncpp transition, pushing no-change rebuilds for rdepends
16:11 <sil2100> - Coordinating the release of scopes rebuild for libjsoncpp transition
16:12 <sil2100> - OTA-9.5:
16:12 <sil2100> * A lot of coordination of fixes for frieza
16:12 <sil2100> * Work on the proposition of doing a phone hotfix as OTA-9.5, based on the hotfix PPA
16:12 <sil2100> * Multiple image rebuilds
16:12 <sil2100> - Discussion regarding switching to Debian AndroidTools
16:12 <sil2100> - Help in investigating ABI-compliance-testability issues in scopes
16:12 <sil2100> - Re-packing the mako bq-aquaris.en tarball into a proper tarball
16:12 <sil2100> - Landing Team tools:
16:12 <sil2100> * Finishing image-info script
16:12 <sil2100> * Creating a promotion of latest devel-proposed to devel image script
16:12 <sil2100> (done)
16:12 <bdmurray> baby sitting Error Tracker issues (ceph)
16:12 <bdmurray> changed, then reverted (b/c phone) stop accepting vivid crashes
16:12 <bdmurray> submitted RT to have gdb updated on staging /production retracers
16:12 <bdmurray> tested new version of gdb on the staging retracers (good)
16:12 <bdmurray> investigation into mojo failure in devops
16:12 <bdmurray> submitted RT regarding datastax access from devops cassandra
16:12 <bdmurray> set Vivid as End of Life in meta-release files
16:12 <bdmurray> commented on upgrade from T to V bug regarding W
16:13 <bdmurray> uploaded ubuntu-release-upgrader Wily SRU for LP: #1538880
16:13 <bdmurray> uploaded a fix for ubuntu-release-upgrader bug LP: #1292335
16:13 <bdmurray> uploaded fix for update-notifer LP: #1512326
16:13 <bdmurray> resolved phased-updater failure w/ unicode
16:13 <ubottu> Launchpad bug 1538880 in ubuntu-release-upgrader (Ubuntu Wily) "Using DistUpgradeViewNonInteractive causes output to be garbled." [Medium,Fix committed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1538880
16:13 <ubottu> Launchpad bug 1292335 in ubuntu-release-upgrader (Ubuntu) "do-release-upgrade crashed with AttributeError in run(): 'apt_pkg.PackageManager' object has no attribute 'ResultFailed'" [Medium,In progress] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1292335
16:13 <ubottu> Launchpad bug 1512326 in update-notifier (Ubuntu Wily) "Running apt-check --package-names returns an unknown error" [High,In progress] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1512326
16:13 <bdmurray> foundations bug triage
16:13 <bdmurray> bileto / cupstream2distro sprint (LP: #1460861)
16:13 <ubottu> Launchpad bug 1460861 in CI Train [cu2d] "changelog entry for MP with multiple authors should summarize as [ author1, author2 [, ...] ], not repeat changelog for each author" [Medium,Fix released] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1460861
16:13 <bdmurray> ✔ done
16:13 <slangasek> doko:
16:14 <doko> - gcc-5 update, Linaro merge
16:14 <doko> - gccgo-6
16:14 <doko> - ncurses transition
16:14 <doko> - more work on the openmpi transition
16:14 <doko> - cleaned up NBS (mostly)
16:14 <doko> - llvm-3.8 updates, make 3.8 the default
16:14 <doko> - java defaulting to 8 imported; filing bugs, fixing some issues
16:14 <doko> - pocketsphinx transition, finding unused unity-voice package, removed
16:14 <doko> - helping/fixing for the numpy transition
16:14 <doko> - finished some smaller transitions
16:14 <doko> - once all the default changes are migrated, planning the next test rebuild (hopefully with an updated glibc as well)
16:14 <doko> (done)
16:14 <caribou> Bugfix :
16:14 <caribou> - LP #1528101 - vm.min_free_kbytes crash issues
16:14 <caribou> Solution would be overly complex for a corner case
16:14 <ubottu> Launchpad bug 1528101 in kexec-tools (Ubuntu) "ISST-LTE: kdump failed: second kernel booting hangs after /scripts/init-bottom when large min_free_kbytes value being set" [Undecided,Confirmed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1528101
16:14 <caribou> - LP #1534106 - rsyslog segfault with juju
16:14 <caribou> Fixed with rsyslog merge
16:15 <ubottu> Launchpad bug 1534106 in rsyslog (Ubuntu) "rsyslogd crashed with SIGSEGV with juju-local configuration" [High,Fix released] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1534106
16:15 <caribou> - Request backport for LP: #1494141 - haproxy 1.5 does not terminate to trusty
16:15 <ubottu> Launchpad bug 1494141 in trusty-backports "Please backport haproxy 1.5.14-1ubuntu0.15.10.1 from wily-updates" [Medium,Fix released] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1494141
16:15 <caribou> Development work:
16:15 <caribou> - LP #1540537 - libvirt sponsorship
16:15 <caribou> - LP: #1540491 - merge clamav
16:15 <caribou> - LP: #1544503 - makedumpfile 1.5.9-5
16:15 <ubottu> Launchpad bug 1540537 in libvirt (Ubuntu Vivid) "make ovs-vsctl not raise error if there's no portData available." [Medium,In progress] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1540537
16:15 <ubottu> Launchpad bug 1540491 in clamav (Ubuntu) "Please merge clamav 0.99+dfsg-1 (main) from Debian stable" [Wishlist,Confirmed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1540491
16:15 <ubottu> Launchpad bug 1544503 in trusty-backports "Please backport makedumpfile 1:1.5.9-5 (main) from xenial" [Undecided,New] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1544503
16:15 <caribou> - LP: #1543636 - upload makedumpfile enablement for s390x + LZO
16:15 <caribou> - Reviewed CVE for ntp merge
16:15 <caribou> ☑ Done
16:15 <ubottu> Launchpad bug 1543636 in makedumpfile (Ubuntu) "makedumpfile: Enable s390x builds" [Undecided,Fix released] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1543636
16:15 <slangasek> great!
16:15 <slangasek> any questions?
16:16 <cyphermox> ah, yes
16:16 <cyphermox> bdmurray: do we have a way to test upgrades with ubuntu-release-upgrader before we have a new release?
16:17 <cyphermox> I might want to better test the upgrade from CC.ports.ubuntu.com
16:17 <pitti> cyphermox: wasn't that what the -d option is for?
16:17 <cyphermox> (as things will try to match mirrors and stuff)
16:17 <cyphermox> pitti: upgrade from xenial to xenial+x
16:18 <slangasek> xxenial
16:18 <bdmurray> cyphermox: There are some manual ways to test new versions.
16:18 <cyphermox> since this change won't be in before xenial
16:18 <cyphermox> bdmurray: ok
16:18 <bdmurray> xenial+x?
16:18 <cyphermox> xenial+n if you prefer
16:18 <slangasek> xennial
16:18 <infinity> xennial!
16:19 <bdmurray> heh
16:19 <cyphermox> sigh.
16:19 <cyphermox> xenial + # then?
16:19 <pitti> cyphermox: why does it need to be u-r-u specifically?
16:19 <slangasek> cyphermox: why you have to take away our fun ;(
16:19 <infinity> #xenial #omg #nofilter
16:19 <cyphermox> u-r-u does some magic with mirrors
16:19 <cyphermox> ie. checking if it's official and such
16:19 <pitti> upgrade logic ought to be in postinsts as much as possible
16:20 <cyphermox> I suppose something else might do that too
16:20 <pitti> as a lot of people use apt directly
16:20 <cyphermox> I don't see why apt would fail at all
16:20 <cyphermox> this is simply about changing apt/sources.list
16:20 <infinity> pitti: Yeah, he's not talking about upgrades, per se, but u-r-u's weird mirror-handling.
16:20 <pitti> oh, ok (I didn't get *what* you wanted to test exactly)
16:20 <cyphermox> infinity: I knew there was something to do with #
16:21 <pitti> why would the mirror handling be any different from t→ x than x→ y?
16:21 <infinity> pitti: Due to adding support for cc.ports (where previously, it was just ports)
16:21 <infinity> But this should be easily testable.
16:21 <slangasek> pitti: what he's asking for is testing an upgrade using the new version of u-r-u
16:21 <infinity> And, honestly, I've been using us.ports for ages, and u-r-u has never exploded.
16:21 <pitti> I mean, cc.pots would also mirror trusty, or not?
16:22 <cyphermox> pitti: I have added $CC.ports.ubuntu.com, which might confuse u-r-u a tiny bit thinking it's not a blessed mirror
16:22 <cyphermox> pitti: sorry,
16:22 <cyphermox> pitti: added in choose-mirror, so it only will start to get used for xenial installs
16:22 <pitti> ah
16:22 <slangasek> right, so if infinity says it already works, maybe just hand-modify your trusty sources.list and test, cyphermox ?
16:22 <cyphermox> oh, good point.
16:23 <infinity> Well, "works".  I think that, right now, u-r-u believes that us.ports is a non-blessed mirror, but keeps it for lack of other mirrors in your sources.list
16:23 <cyphermox> ok
16:23 <infinity> It probably needs to be taught that it's official.
16:23 <infinity> So, yes, needs some testing.
16:23 <cyphermox> yeah I think that more or less matches what I understood of u-r-u code for this
16:24 <cyphermox> that's all I had really
16:24 <bdmurray> u-r-u checks the LP official mirrors
16:24 <bdmurray> oh and has some hard coded bits like ports.ubuntu.com and old-releases.ubuntu.com
16:25 <bdmurray> see data/mirrors.cfg
16:25 <cyphermox> yeah, but it didn't seem to matter
16:25 <bdmurray> it meaning what?
16:25 <infinity> The LP mirror list doesn't include all variations of CC.archive, so maybe this has always been a latent misfeature.
16:26 <cyphermox> fwiw my usual victim, ca.*.u.c wasn't in the list, so I expect things to work, I just want to be *sure*
16:27 <cyphermox> AOB?
16:27 <slangasek> other things
16:27 <slangasek> next Monday is a holiday in the US
16:27 <slangasek> not sure if people are taking it or not?
16:27 <infinity> Here too.
16:27 <slangasek> (I am)
16:27 <cyphermox> oh, is it?
16:27 <barry> i am too
16:27 <infinity> I'm swapping mine, because sprint.
16:27 <slangasek> infinity: you celebrate Presidents' Day?
16:27 <infinity> slangasek: No, "Family Day".
16:28 <bdmurray> I am taking it.
16:28 <cyphermox> ah, not a holiday in Quebec
16:28 <slangasek> infinity: why is your Family Day different than BC's?
16:29 <infinity> cyphermox: Yeah, but QC gets enough weird holidays. :P
16:29 <slangasek> estranged family?
16:29 <cyphermox> infinity: we don't care about families here, apparently?
16:29 <infinity> slangasek: Because BC is weird, it's the 15th for 6/10 provinces, the 8th for BC, and nothing for the other 3.
16:29 <infinity> slangasek: IMO, they're wrong, since it was Alberta that started it. :P
16:30 <slangasek> infinity: no, it's the 15th for only 4/10 provinces; Manitoba celebrates Louis Riel Day and PEI celebrates Islander Day, wikipedia tells me!
16:30 <infinity> slangasek: Well, yes, but same day!
16:30 <cyphermox> ah, Louis Riel day..
16:30 <infinity> Heritage Day somewhere too.
16:30 * bdmurray ponders breakfast
16:30 <infinity> NS?
16:30 <cyphermox> yup
16:30 <slangasek> so parts of Canada and the US, off on Monday :)
16:31 <slangasek> anything else?
16:31 <doko> infinity, any estimate on glibc for xenial, or can you point to a ppa?
16:32 <infinity> doko: My PPA has bits with all the upstream code changes, remaining packaging changes should follow Very Soon.
16:34 <slangasek> #endmeeting