16:43 <tyhicks> #startmeeting
16:43 <meetingology> Meeting started Mon Feb  8 16:43:59 2016 UTC.  The chair is tyhicks. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.ubuntu.com/meetingology.
16:43 <meetingology> 
16:43 <meetingology> Available commands: action commands idea info link nick
16:44 <tyhicks> we're having trouble with the wiki so there's no agenda today
16:44 <tyhicks> [TOPIC] Announcements
16:45 <tyhicks> Andreas Cadhalpun provided a debdiff for wily for ffmpeg (LP: #1541622)
16:45 <ubottu> Launchpad bug 1541622 in ffmpeg (Ubuntu) " FFmpeg security fixes February 2016" [Medium,Fix released] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1541622
16:45 <tyhicks> Thank you for your assistance in keeping Ubuntu users secure! :)
16:45 <tyhicks> [TOPIC] Weekly stand-up report
16:45 <tyhicks> jdstrand: you're up
16:45 <jdstrand> I'm working on snappy this week
16:46 <jdstrand> I made good progress on the review tools last week for the refactor and new snap.yaml. hopefully that will be done soon (ideally today, possibly tomorrow)
16:46 <jdstrand> then I need to work on squashfs store checks
16:46 <jdstrand> and sync up on all the new skills work
16:46 <jdstrand> that's it from me. mdeslaur, you're up
16:46 <mdeslaur> I'm on bug triage this week
16:47 <mdeslaur> I'm going to spend some time on all the alternate cert chain backports, leading to an updated ca-certificates package that removed the 1024-bit certs
16:47 <mdeslaur> and nss updates that do the same
16:47 <mdeslaur> I may pick something else off the list
16:48 <mdeslaur> oh, and I have nginx updates to test
16:48 <mdeslaur> that's about it, sbeattie?
16:48 <tyhicks> mdeslaur: what all packages do you have to do the alt cert chain backports for? (nss and what else)
16:49 <mdeslaur> glib-networking, openssl, gnutls
16:49 <tyhicks> thanks
16:49 <mdeslaur> I've just uploaded them all to the proposed security ppa
16:49 <mdeslaur> oh, and I have to fix the gnupg regression in xenial as all my packages have stop migrating
16:50 <tyhicks> sbeattie: go ahead
16:52 * tyhicks goes
16:52 <tyhicks> I'm in the happy place this week
16:52 <tyhicks> my focus will be wrapping up the AppArmor parser changes needed for stacking
16:53 <tyhicks> I'm currently finishing up a community sponsoring duty that I didn't get to last week (LP: #1540243)
16:53 <ubottu> Launchpad bug 1540243 in virtualbox-guest-additions-iso (Ubuntu Wily) "SRU virtualbox-ext-pack, virtualbox-guest-additions-iso to match virtualbox versions" [Low,Confirmed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1540243
16:53 <tyhicks> sarnold: fyi ^
16:54 <tyhicks> I need to sync up with jjohansen on the AppArmor kernel bug fix landing in xenial
16:54 <tyhicks> that's it for me
16:54 <sbeattie> sorry, I can go
16:54 <tyhicks> oh, I'll have some followup work from my rngd investigation from last friday
16:54 <tyhicks> sbeattie: ok
16:54 <sbeattie> I'm on cve triage this week
16:55 <sbeattie> I'm working on a pillow update
16:55 * mdeslaur wishes he had a pillow
16:55 <sbeattie> I have a bunch of apparmor work I need to do
16:55 <sbeattie> mdeslaur: no doubt. this one is not so comfy
16:55 <mdeslaur> hehe
16:56 <sbeattie> I'm sure there's some bits of the kernel cve triage process that I'll need to handle as supporting touch/ubuntu-core shakes out.
16:56 <sbeattie> and that'll probably consume my week
16:57 * sbeattie is not sure  who goes next
16:57 <tyhicks> jjohansen: you're up
16:57 <jjohansen> this week I'm working on appamor stacking
16:58 <jjohansen> I'll need to sink up with tyhicks about stacking and I guess a kernel fix
16:58 <jjohansen> thats about it for me sarnold, you are up
17:01 <sarnold> i'm on community this week
17:01 <sarnold> I'll finish dpdk's review and start another review, or two if i'm lucky and one's small :)
17:01 <sarnold> I may also get an apparmor patch review or two done along the way for spice
17:01 <sarnold> that's it for me, chrisccoulson?
17:02 <chrisccoulson> I've got a Firefox update to do (today) to fix some regressions in 44.0
17:03 <chrisccoulson> I'm also going to be making some changes to Firefox to enable telemetry (something that's desired upstream), and hopefully fix our automated symbol uploads
17:05 <chrisccoulson> Other than that, I'll be working on Oxide stuff. I want to fix bug 1542119 this week as it's making other work difficult. I've also identified some bugs in the way we handle device scaling that I want to fix
17:05 <ubottu> bug 1542119 in Oxide "Rip all input event handling and compositing glue out of oxide::WebView" [Low,Triaged] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1542119
17:05 <tyhicks> chrisccoulson: I saw that you merged in the oxide drag and drop support - nice work!
17:05 <chrisccoulson> Yeah, that's working pretty nicely now :)
17:05 <chrisccoulson> I think that's me done
17:05 <tyhicks> thanks
17:06 <tyhicks> [TOPIC] Highlighted packages
17:06 <tyhicks> The Ubuntu Security team will highlight some community-supported packages that might be good candidates for updating and or triaging. If you would like to help Ubuntu and not sure where to start, this is a great way to do so.
17:06 <tyhicks> See https://wiki.ubuntu.com/SecurityTeam/UpdateProcedures for details and if you have any questions, feel free to ask in #ubuntu-security. To find out other ways of helping out, please see https://wiki.ubuntu.com/SecurityTeam/GettingInvolved.
17:06 <tyhicks> http://people.canonical.com/~ubuntu-security/cve/pkg/openarena.html
17:06 <tyhicks> http://people.canonical.com/~ubuntu-security/cve/pkg/sox.html
17:06 <tyhicks> http://people.canonical.com/~ubuntu-security/cve/pkg/libguac.html
17:06 <tyhicks> http://people.canonical.com/~ubuntu-security/cve/pkg/bcron.html
17:06 <tyhicks> http://people.canonical.com/~ubuntu-security/cve/pkg/zeroinstall-injector.html
17:06 <tyhicks> [TOPIC] Miscellaneous and Questions
17:06 <tyhicks> Does anyone have any other questions or items to discuss?
17:07 <tyhicks> sbeattie: what's the status of GCC PIE?
17:08 <jdstrand> sbeattie: you said 'a bunch of apparmor work-- what are you going to be focusing on?"
17:09 <sbeattie> jdstrand: I need to do some patch review and get some releases out. We also need to sort out what we want to land in xenial.
17:10 <sbeattie> tyhicks: I still need to send my review of FTBFS email.
17:11 <tyhicks> sbeattie: ack - that test rebuild FTBFS summary email should probably be top priority
17:12 <tyhicks> jdstrand, mdeslaur, sbeattie, jjohansen, sarnold, ChrisCoulson: Thanks!
17:12 <tyhicks> #endmeeting