16:01 <slangasek> #startmeeting
16:01 <meetingology> Meeting started Thu Jan 21 16:01:43 2016 UTC.  The chair is slangasek. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.ubuntu.com/meetingology.
16:01 <meetingology> 
16:01 <meetingology> Available commands: action commands idea info link nick
16:02 <slangasek> [TOPIC] Lightning round
16:02 <slangasek> $ echo $(shuf -e barry doko bdmurray slangasek caribou infinity sil2100 robru cyphermox pitti tdaitx xnox chiluk)
16:02 <slangasek> barry caribou xnox bdmurray sil2100 pitti infinity chiluk doko cyphermox slangasek robru tdaitx
16:02 <barry> win!
16:02 <barry> debuntu: debian bug #806824 (split libpeas for py2/py3 - waiting on debian gnome maintainers to comment); dirtbike (itp: debian bug #811110); pip 7.1.2 (ongoing)
16:02 <ubottu> Debian bug 806824 in src:libpeas "libpeas: Split Python 2 and 3 support" [Wishlist,Open] http://bugs.debian.org/806824
16:03 <ubottu> Debian bug 811110 in wnpp "ITP: dirtbike -- convert installed Python packages to wheels" [Wishlist,Open] http://bugs.debian.org/811110
16:03 <barry> virtual sprint: working on various debci/autopkgtest.u.c tasks (e.g. retry server; LP: #1519894)
16:03 <ubottu> Launchpad bug 1519894 in Auto Package Testing "add JSON output for queued and running tests" [Wishlist,Fix released] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1519894
16:03 <barry> other: booked pycon 2016 trip.
16:03 <barry> --done--
16:03 <caribou> Bugfix:
16:03 <caribou> - rsyslog fails to start under upstart : Provided workaround
16:03 <caribou> - DMB : Voted +4 for Core Dev Rights
16:03 <caribou> - LP #1532146 - initramfs-tools nvme support
16:03 <caribou> apw is preparing upload
16:03 <caribou> - LP #1528101 - vm.min_free_kbytes crash issues
16:03 <ubottu> Launchpad bug 1532146 in initramfs-tools (Ubuntu) "update-initramfs fails for MODULES=dep when root is on nvme device" [Medium,In progress] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1532146
16:03 <ubottu> Launchpad bug 1528101 in linux (Ubuntu) "ISST-LTE: kdump failed: second kernel booting hangs after /scripts/init-bottom when large min_free_kbytes value being set" [Undecided,New] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1528101
16:04 <bdmurray> caribou: congrats!
16:04 <caribou> - LP #1534106 - rsyslog segfault with juju
16:04 <caribou> - LP #1535898 - multipath-tools segfault on Precise
16:04 <caribou> cyphermox identified potential fix. User is testing
16:04 <caribou> - Nut merge : Need to revisit changelog once again
16:04 <ubottu> Launchpad bug 1534106 in rsyslog (Ubuntu) "rsyslogd crashed with SIGSEGV with juju-local configuration" [Undecided,Triaged] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1534106
16:04 <ubottu> Launchpad bug 1535898 in multipath-tools (Ubuntu Precise) "Trusty & Vivid multipath-tools (multipathd) seg-fault core dump" [High,In progress] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1535898
16:04 <sil2100> caribou: congratulations!
16:04 <caribou> Project:
16:04 <caribou> - clvm/dlm supportability
16:04 <caribou> clvm to be demoted to Universe for 16.04
16:04 <caribou> bdmurray: sil2100: thanks!
16:04 <caribou> ☑ Done
16:04 <tdaitx> caribou, sweet! congrats! =)
16:04 <xnox> applied branding to zipl-installer, ubuntu-cdimage
16:04 <xnox> tought cloud-utils about s390x
16:04 <xnox> fixed a few FTBFS for golang 1.6
16:04 <xnox> validated that lxd, docker.io
16:04 <xnox> resolved a few raised question, raised my own questions and got answers for them
16:04 <xnox> fought with simplestreams, and got them to work somewhat (report to follow)
16:05 <xnox> discussed image testing with CPC
16:05 <xnox> discussed image installation with a few people -> i have an action plan
16:05 <xnox> trying to find a place where to publish things with #is
16:05 <xnox> libica is waiting in new
16:05 <xnox> EOF
16:05 <xnox> * also branding for d-i
16:05 <bdmurray> tested staging update of daisy code (good)
16:05 <xnox> * lxd, docker.io... work correctly
16:05 <bdmurray> uploaded xenial fix for app-install-data-partner bug LP: #1531194
16:05 <bdmurray> investigation into ubuntu-release-upgrader test failure
16:05 <ubottu> Launchpad bug 1531194 in app-install-data-partner (Ubuntu Xenial) "13.04 "raring-partner" channel included in 14.04/15.04/15.10/16.04" [Low,Fix released] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1531194
16:05 <bdmurray> investigation into dist-upgrade failure from T to V
16:05 <slangasek> caribou: indeed, congrats!
16:05 <bdmurray> virtual sprint regarding proposed migration                                                                                                               modified debci title pages to more informative to make browser history better
16:05 <caribou> tdaitx: slangasek: thank you
16:05 <bdmurray> modified debci not to use the rabbitmq management plugin
16:05 <bdmurray> modified proposed-migration deployment scripts to not setup management plugin
16:05 <bdmurray> ✔ done
16:06 <sil2100> - Landing team work, silo coordination, preparing landing e-mails
16:06 <sil2100> - RTM Status meetings
16:06 <sil2100> - system-image code cleanup, more testing
16:06 <sil2100> - Writing up a few additional utility tools to the landing-team-tools
16:06 <sil2100> - OTA-9: * Landing coordination, helping in verifying some issues * Snapshot preparation in the stable-snapshot, image copies and tagging * Re-spinning candidate images with missing fixes and language-packs
16:06 <sil2100> - xenial - vivid-overlay delta: * Documented findings, e-mail sent to team leads * Started poking individual upstreams about shrinking the delta
16:06 <sil2100> - Poked kernel team about the missing ppp-modules for s390x
16:06 <sil2100> - Merged isdnutils to further unblock ppp - all migrated
16:06 <sil2100> - Filling RT for access to macquarie
16:06 <sil2100> - Plans regarding future touch hardware enablement
16:06 <sil2100> - Packaging reviews for dual-landing-enablement merges
16:06 <sil2100> (done)
16:06 <sil2100> Uh, some newlines got truncated, oh well
16:06 <pitti> ]autopkgtest:
16:06 <pitti> - Fix implementation of rw-build-tree (#1535234)
16:06 <pitti> - Get the right source package version with apt pinning for linux
16:06 <pitti> - Make deployment work with juju-local, Canonistack and null runner, for easy local testing
16:06 <pitti> - Further debug arm64 breakage in scalingstack (#1531768), ongoing
16:06 <pitti> - Help didrocks with running ubuntu-make upstream tests on autopkgtest CI
16:06 <pitti> proposed-migration sprint: since Tuesday, still ongoing until tonight; see http://pad.ubuntu.com/autopkgtest-sprint, will blog about results tomorrow
16:06 <pitti> distro:
16:06 <pitti> - merge debhelper, sort out dbgsym fallout (#1535949)
16:06 <pitti> - libvirt: Don't stop guests during upgrade (#1533839)
16:06 <pitti> - Debug juju-local failure after reboot, file #1536522
16:06 <pitti> - Fix user lxc containers on wily with xenial kernel (#1533833)
16:06 <pitti> - postgresql-9.5 transition, finished now (a few unmaintained modules demoted into -proposed)
16:06 <pitti> END
16:07 <xnox> infinity is out.
16:07 <xnox> chiluk,
16:07 <chiluk> Mostly distracted with non-public issues.
16:07 <chiluk> LP #1535349 - Have reviewed changes, and working on likely fix.  I expect to find time to do that today.
16:07 <chiluk> --done--
16:07 <ubottu> Launchpad bug 1535349 in coreutils (Ubuntu Trusty) "`df /dev/sda1` no longer reports information for /dev/sda1" [Medium,Confirmed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1535349
16:07 <cyphermox> chiluk: great
16:08 <chiluk> yeah stuff got busy this week.
16:08 <doko> - work on two more Linaro GCC regressions, this starts costing time
16:08 <doko> - work on python3.4 removal
16:08 <doko> - work on ruby2.1 removal
16:08 <doko> - pkgbinarymangler fun, introduced by debhelper merge
16:08 <doko> - ongoing GCC 6 packaging work
16:08 <doko> - fix some cross toolchain installation errors, recently introduced
16:08 <doko> - backport a go patch to allow handling of pkg-config directives in gccgo
16:08 <doko> - work on petsc/slepc/mpich/source-highlight transitions
16:08 <doko> - merges, sphinx, python-networkx, numpy & co
16:08 <slangasek> sil2100: ah, glad that ppp migrated (and a kernel with it) :)
16:08 <doko> - openjdk-9 update, building on all archs
16:08 <doko> - new swig upstream
16:08 <doko> (done)
16:08 <cyphermox> - partman-efi SRUs for bug LP: #1512589
16:08 <cyphermox> - fixed error with leases file from isc-dhcp merge
16:08 <cyphermox> - partman-prep SRU for bug LP: #1487365
16:08 <ubottu> Launchpad bug 1512589 in OEM Priority Project trusty "partman-efi should follow partman-auto/disk to reuse the ESP." [High,In progress] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1512589
16:08 <ubottu> Launchpad bug 1487365 in partman-prep (Ubuntu Trusty) "Ubuntu14.04 .3 RAID installation fails on firestone" [Undecided,In progress] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1487365
16:08 <cyphermox> - quickly prepared proposed fix for bug LP: #1318875 since I had some background on it
16:08 <cyphermox> - investigated some server install preseeding issues for server image QA
16:08 <cyphermox> - testing multipath-tools update for async device detection
16:08 <cyphermox> - trying to switch multipath-tools to run multipathd in initramfs.
16:08 <ubottu> Launchpad bug 1318875 in unity-control-center (Ubuntu) "Airplane mode cannot save the previous status after reboot" [High,In progress] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1318875
16:09 <cyphermox> - debugging multipath-tools crashes on precise/trusty with caribou
16:09 <cyphermox> - MIR review: pyotherside
16:09 <cyphermox> (done)
16:09 <tdaitx> doko, did you fix the openjdk 9 build or the update already contained the fix?
16:10 <sil2100> slangasek: yeah ;) Thanks for poking me quickly when it got stuck after the new kernel upload
16:10 <sil2100> slangasek: isdnutils was on my list of rdeps but I see it now as marked as 'unneeded' and I can't recall why I marked it so
16:10 <sil2100> Invalidly
16:11 <slangasek> * short week, national holiday on Monday
16:11 <slangasek> * sorting out coverage while I'm out next month
16:11 <slangasek> * looking at a regression in apt auto-removal of kernels, looks like an upstream apt change (LP: #1440608)
16:11 <ubottu> Launchpad bug 1440608 in apt (Ubuntu) "/etc/kernel/postinst.d/apt-auto-removal wants to remove all kernels except the latest one" [High,Triaged] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1440608
16:11 <slangasek> * MP reviews for debian-cd for s390x
16:11 <slangasek> * merge reviews: nut, golang 1.5
16:11 <slangasek> * discussions around tpm2.0 support for 16.04
16:11 <slangasek> * working on the P7 machine deprecation
16:11 <sil2100> slangasek: while we're at it, what about the removal of unneeded devices from our system-image servers?
16:12 <robru> lp:britney
16:12 <robru> * disabled Heidi output to save a few hundred MB of disk space
16:12 <robru> * started working on a web interface for retrying autopkgtests
16:12 <robru> lp:bileto
16:12 <robru> * fix a pile of small bugs
16:12 <robru> * new /v1/comments API for searching comments
16:12 <robru> (done)
16:12 <tdaitx> * Backported OpenJDK 8u71 security patches to OpenJDK 7; package build & tested for Xenial on a private PPA; backports for supported distros for the security team prepared and build locally; dropped after IcedTea 2.6.4 release
16:12 <tdaitx> * Initial work on backporting OpenJDK 8u71 to OpenJDK 6, talking to Andrew to check how I can help with IcedTea 1.13.10
16:12 <tdaitx> * Updated OpenJDK 7 from 7u91-2.6.3-3 to 7u95-2.6.4
16:12 <tdaitx> - Xenial 7u95-2.6.4-0ubuntu1; waiting doko review
16:12 <tdaitx> - Wily, Vivid, Trusty, and Precise packages build for the security team
16:12 <sil2100> slangasek: should I just go on and remove manta for instance (with a proper announcement of course)? Pat is +1 on that
16:12 <tdaitx> - available @ https://launchpad.net/~tdaitx/+archive/ubuntu/openjdk/+packages
16:12 <tdaitx> * Trying to catch up with the autopkgtest sprint
16:12 <tdaitx> * Often moving to a coffee shop for some free internet leeching while my ISP struggles to provide any service at all
16:12 <tdaitx> * Preparing to travel to FOSDEM and a short vacation at Stuttgart afterward; planning fun stuff to do (openjdk stuff, drinking belgian&german beer, exit games, snow shoveling, and whatnot)
16:12 <tdaitx> (done)
16:12 <slangasek> sil2100: did you have a list of those from the product side that were agreed already that should be removed? I don't remember
16:13 * sil2100 likes the new bileto comments API
16:13 <sil2100> Just need to re-write my scripts to use that
16:13 <slangasek> robru: a few hundred MB of disk space> is that per silo?  (also, I guess the time saved per run is important)
16:13 <doko> tdaitx, go ahead
16:13 <sil2100> slangasek: no official list, we only discussed that on the RTM status meetings and so far agreed on getting rid of manta for now, the rest needs to stay until... well, a certain time
16:14 <slangasek> sil2100: sure, go ahead with removing manta :)
16:14 <sil2100> Ok, thanks
16:15 <slangasek> OK, any questions re: status?
16:15 <tdaitx> doko, thanks =)
16:16 <doko> pitti, xnox: will you enable automatic autopkg testing for golang packages? same as for ruby
16:16 <pitti> I don't plan to write autopkgtests for Go packages
16:16 <xnox> doko, my plate is a bit full at the moment.
16:16 <pitti> if someone does, we'll run them of course
16:16 <xnox> doko, what do you have in mind? dh_auto_test -v ? for them all?
16:16 <tdaitx> doko, regarding openjdk 9, updating it was enough to fix the build? or did you have to fix it yourself?
16:17 <xnox> doko, as in, a blanket test (the fancy way to cover a class of tests)
16:17 <robru> slangasek: no it saves something like 20mb pet silo IIRC
16:17 <slangasek> robru: ok. any noticeable improvement in britney runtime?
16:17 <doko> xnox, I haven't looked how ruby is doing it. but now after the sprint there must be a whole lot of experts =)
16:18 <robru> slangasek: haven't looked that closely yet
16:18 <xnox> doko, hahahah. note, that i'm not the doctor!
16:18 <slangasek> ok
16:19 <slangasek> [TOPIC] AOB
16:19 <slangasek> anything else today?
16:21 <robru> slangasek: actually (unscientific) it looks like the per-silo run time of britney is down from 4 minutes to 3 minutes, but it's not clear to me how much of that is attributable to just disabling heidi vs other factors (i highly doubt writing a file takes a full minute)
16:21 <robru> they were big files though
16:21 <slangasek> robru: it has to generate the contents of that file, not just write it
16:21 <slangasek> or did you only eliminate the writing part?
16:21 <robru> slangasek: nah the contents of the file are still generated and needed, all we disabled was the writing to disk
16:22 <pitti> we can't eliminiate the internal dicts of sources and binaries, britney needs those
16:22 <pitti> write_heidi() just dumps those out as text files; not much computation, just lots of data
16:22 <slangasek> robru, pitti: ahhh ok, I was thinking of update_output instead
16:22 <slangasek> which is the second processing pass that we should skip
16:22 <pitti> we already diabled that a while ago
16:22 <slangasek> ok
16:22 <slangasek> then nevermind :)
16:23 <robru> pitti: oh we did?
16:23 <pitti> robru: yes, you mailed me about it :)
16:24 <robru> pitti: https://requests.ci-train.ubuntu.com/static/britney/index.txt still shows output.txt. I have no recollection of disabling that.
16:24 <slangasek> "update_output.txt"
16:25 <slangasek> ?
16:25 <pitti> the second-stage installability test
16:25 <pitti> timestamp: Fri 2015-12-18 16:37:23 +0100
16:25 <pitti> Skip second-stage upgrade testing if UPGRADE_OUTPUT option is absent or empty
16:25 <slangasek> hmm, sure enough the output.txt are the update_output files
16:25 <slangasek> anyway
16:25 <slangasek> sounds like something we can diagnose out of the meeting
16:25 <robru> UPGRADE_OUTPUT    = /tmp/britney_output/%(SERIES)/@PPA@/output.txt
16:25 <slangasek> and it doesn't sound like there's any other business?
16:25 <robru> ok
16:26 <pitti> robru: perhaps you didn't drop UPGRADE_OUTPUT?
16:26 <pitti> ah
16:26 <slangasek> xnox: just assigned you a bug about reusing a DASD for install, clearly they should just be using ASDF instead
16:27 <slangasek> robru: right, so you can omit that because it's not needed/used for bileto and just adds extra processing time
16:27 <xnox> slangasek, i think ASDF is not this https://youtu.be/WTUnwygoFsU
16:27 <slangasek> (maybe a little, maybe a lot)
16:27 <slangasek> xnox: ummm ok
16:28 <slangasek> #endmeeting