16:05 <slangasek> #startmeeting
16:05 <meetingology> Meeting started Thu Dec 12 16:05:58 2013 UTC.  The chair is slangasek. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.ubuntu.com/meetingology.
16:05 <meetingology> 
16:05 <meetingology> Available commands: #accept #accepted #action #agree #agreed #chair #commands #endmeeting #endvote #halp #help #idea #info #link #lurk #meetingname #meetingtopic #nick #progress #rejected #replay #restrictlogs #save #startmeeting #subtopic #topic #unchair #undo #unlurk #vote #voters #votesrequired
16:06 <slangasek> #topic Lightning round
16:06 <slangasek> $ echo $(shuf -e barry doko stgraber jodh bdmurray slangasek cjwatson xnox stokachu)
16:06 <slangasek> bdmurray stokachu cjwatson stgraber jodh doko xnox slangasek barry
16:07 <bdmurray> bug triage of dpkg already installed and configured bug reports
16:07 <bdmurray> updated apport general hook to gather more information for dpkg already installed and configured bug reports
16:07 <bdmurray> reported bug 1258639 regarding upgrades from Q to S
16:07 <ubottu> bug 1258639 in update-manager (Ubuntu Quantal) "need to support upgrades from 12.10 to 13.10" [High,In progress] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1258639
16:07 <bdmurray> worked on modifications to update-manager and u-r-u to allow upgrades from Q to S
16:08 <bdmurray> merged anders kaseorg metarelease changes to ubuntu-release-upgrader
16:08 <bdmurray> wrote a test case for bug 1250679 (apport crashes and guest users)
16:08 <bdmurray> uploaded a fix for bug 1257159 regarding the apport ubiquity hook
16:08 <bdmurray> uploaded a precise SRU for bug 1075537 for bruno nova
16:08 <bdmurray> uploaded fix for rhythmbox apport hook LP: #1259185
16:08 <bdmurray> fixed a crash in the phased-updater due to errors not returning json data
16:08 <ubottu> bug 1250679 in apport (Ubuntu Saucy) "crash files from guest users considered system reports" [Medium,Fix committed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1250679
16:08 <ubottu> bug 1257159 in apport (Ubuntu Trusty) "ubiquity apport hook shouldn't suggest password is in log file" [Medium,Fix released] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1257159
16:08 <ubottu> bug 1075537 in software-properties (Ubuntu Precise) "software-properties needs to automatically trigger a cache refresh after adding a repo" [Medium,In progress] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1075537
16:08 <ubottu> Launchpad bug 1259185 in rhythmbox (Ubuntu) "apport hook needs updated to gstreamer1.0" [Low,In progress] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1259185
16:08 <bdmurray> updated bugbot to deal with dist-upgrade failures due to xorg-edgers
16:08 <bdmurray> modified ubuntu-release-upgrader apport hook to collect dmesg
16:08 <bdmurray> package to team mapping work
16:08 <bdmurray> submitted merge proposal switching errors back to using assets
16:08 <bdmurray> worked on resolving whoopsie / apport bug 1235436
16:08 <ubottu> bug 1235436 in apport (Ubuntu) "/etc/init/apport-noui.conf is non-functional on the phone" [Critical,New] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1235436
16:08 <bdmurray> uploaded update-notifier to T that exits if /etc/apport/autoreport exists
16:08 <bdmurray> patch pilot'ed
16:08 <bdmurray> ⁂ done
16:09 <slangasek> stokachu is out for the month; he hasn't told me there'll be a stand-in this week
16:09 <slangasek> cjwatson:
16:09 <cjwatson> GRUB:
16:09 <cjwatson> * Finished up work for various OEMs in 12.04.4.  Awaiting one final piece of verification.
16:09 <cjwatson> * Chased down an efidisk write bug exposed by the SRU verification work on 4K-sector disks; fixed in trusty, committed for the next precise upload.
16:09 <cjwatson> * Followed up on the PV-GRUB2 port recently committed upstream, implementing the configuration ideas from UDS-Oneiric (http://summit.ubuntu.com/uds-o/meeting/16065/server-o-xen-host/).
16:09 <cjwatson> click:
16:09 <cjwatson> * Fixed a painful interaction between dynamic system users and system-image in click (bug 1259253).
16:10 <ubottu> bug 1259253 in click (Ubuntu) "UID changes for clickpkg user breaks app updates/installs" [Critical,Fix released] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1259253
16:10 <cjwatson> * Pondering how to do a libclick in such a way that we don't have to do every last bit of the C rewrite before deploying it.
16:10 <cjwatson> Launchpad:
16:10 <cjwatson> * Started on the next launchpad-buildd deployment: uploaded to staging PPA, need to sort out staging deployment and QA.
16:10 <cjwatson> * Pre-implementation discussion with William of the master side of Launchpad livefs building.
16:10 <cjwatson> Tidied up breakage resulting from foomatic-filters being merged into cups-filters.
16:10 <cjwatson> ..
16:10 <stgraber> Done:
16:10 <stgraber> - CGroup Manager
16:10 <stgraber> - Helped with some benchmarking.
16:10 <stgraber> - LXC
16:10 <stgraber> - Tested unprivileged containers (it mostly works!)
16:10 <stgraber> - Wrote a fix for the loginuid pam module to work with userns (waiting for my message to be accepted on the pam-devel mailing-list...)
16:10 <stgraber> - Moved all of our mailing-lists out of sourceforge.net
16:10 <stgraber> - Added Android builds to our automated build process
16:10 <stgraber> - Added support for unprivileged containers in the python3 binding and tools
16:11 <stgraber> - Landed the flexible-config branch (that'll make adding mounts, capabilities, ... to existing containers much much easier)
16:11 <stgraber> - Quite a bit of code reviews
16:11 <stgraber> - Ubuntu touch
16:11 <stgraber> - Fixed some problems caused by a wrong copy-images run.
16:11 <stgraber> - Branch to enable discard support on touch (and testing on grouper and mako)
16:11 <stgraber> - Other
16:11 <stgraber> - SRU and New reviews
16:11 <stgraber> - A bunch of merges
16:11 <stgraber> - Patch pilot
16:11 <stgraber> Todo:
16:11 <stgraber> - LXC beta1 (due next Tuesday)
16:11 <stgraber> - LXC config-overview branch and LXC autostart branch
16:11 <stgraber> - Some more unpriv containers work
16:11 <stgraber> End of year holidays:
16:11 <stgraber> - I'll be flying to Europe on Tuesday night
16:11 <stgraber> - Off on Wednesday the 18th
16:11 <stgraber> - Working on Thursday and Friday (19th and 20th)
16:11 <stgraber> - Then off until the 2nd of January
16:11 <stgraber> (DONE)
16:12 <jodh> * upstart
16:12 <jodh> * core-1311-upstart-roadmap: good progress. Upstart can now connect to
16:12 <jodh> the cgroup mananager. We're probably going to need to make the
16:12 <jodh> internal spawn handling entirely asynchronous to avoid a stalling
16:12 <jodh> cgmanager to block PID 1.
16:12 <jodh> * bug 530779: reworked branch to make the history cleaner.
16:12 <ubottu> bug 530779 in upstart "init: does not wait for parent to exit when following forks" [Medium,In progress] https://launchpad.net/bugs/530779
16:12 <jodh> * bug 1258098: Currently working on tests (which will depend on 530779 MP).
16:12 <ubottu> bug 1258098 in upstart "D-Bus session bus address not serialised" [Medium,In progress] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1258098
16:12 <jodh>16:12 <stgraber> (if anyone's interested, we're getting around 2500 reads/second from the cgroup manager on a standard quadcore i7)
16:13 <doko> - cross build fixes
16:13 <doko> - configury fixes for a bootstrap build
16:13 <doko> - done some cross build things until Sunday
16:13 <doko> - working on openjdk/icedtea 2.4.x.  Zero doesn't build, the ARM assembler inter
16:13 <doko> preter is not ported
16:13 <doko> - Merging various GCC branches into 4.8, uploading.
16:13 <doko> (done)
16:13 <xnox> * helping to fix autopilot in the android emulator LP: #1260023
16:13 <xnox> * emulator installs/runs on precise, without recompilation
16:13 <xnox> (needs more testing, once sdk support lands for precise)
16:13 <xnox> * finished tiff transition, src:tiff3 can be removed LP: #1258487
16:13 <xnox> * completed / uploaded usb-creator port to udisks2, thus removing
16:13 <ubottu> Launchpad bug 1260023 in linux-goldfish (Ubuntu) "enable CONFIG_INPUT_UINPUT" [Critical,Fix released] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1260023
16:13 <xnox> udisks from install media & main LP: #1024405
16:13 <ubottu> Launchpad bug 1258487 in tiff3 (Ubuntu) "please remove tiff3 from the archive" [Medium,Confirmed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1258487
16:13 <xnox> * cmake cross-compilation:
16:13 <xnox> - merged latest cmake
16:13 <ubottu> Launchpad bug 1024405 in usb-creator (Ubuntu) "Port to udisks2" [Low,Fix released] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1024405
16:13 <xnox> - updating/integrating transparent cross-compilation so far many
16:13 <xnox> packages gain cross-compilation, and no native compilation was
16:13 <xnox> broken (testing across the set of main+ubuntu-touch seeds, about 10%
16:13 <xnox> of all packages that build-depend on cmake). Will be uploaded into
16:13 <xnox> the archive soon.
16:13 <xnox> * ubiquity uploaded (just small bug fixes since release)
16:13 <xnox> * now that ubiquity SRU is through, need to finish up ubiquity SRU
16:13 <xnox> with bugfixes for 12.04.4 (automatic partitioning page, and
16:14 <xnox> wallpaper resolutions)
16:14 <xnox> ..
16:15 <slangasek> * continuing post-holidays catch-up
16:15 <slangasek> * lots of meetings / discussions about ongoing commercial projects
16:15 <slangasek> * looking at sorting out some of the more irritating udd package import failures
16:15 <slangasek> * discussions about the state of java (particularly, TCK access)
16:15 <slangasek> * locking down attendance for the sprint
16:15 <slangasek> * opened a new job req for the foundations team: https://ch.tbe.taleo.net/CH03/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=CANONICAL&cws=1&rid=750
16:15 <slangasek> (done)
16:16 <barry> system-image: *finally* got 2.0.3-0ubuntu1 promoted from -proposed by combination of in-tree test suite changes and simplification of the dep-8 tests (among a few other test related changes and much headache-y and mostly futile debugging).
16:16 <barry> ubuntu: core-1311-python3-roadmap updates.  recovering from out-of-disk condition.  patch piloting.
16:16 <barry> debian: gtimelog (awaiting upstream 0.9.1 release), tox 1.7.0 pre-release testing - looking much better for debian.
16:16 <barry> done
16:18 <slangasek> cool
16:18 <slangasek> I don't really have anything else this morning... you guys have any topics to discuss?
16:18 * barry doesn't
16:18 <slangasek> #topic AOB
16:19 <bdmurray> Could somebody review my upload of update-manager in the -proposed queue for quantal?
16:19 <slangasek> yes, I will
16:19 <bdmurray> thanks
16:20 <slangasek> nothing more? :)
16:21 <slangasek> everyone has their travel booked for the January sprint, right?
16:21 <barry> yep!  lax->lhr :)
16:21 <stgraber> barry: back to back conferences?
16:21 <cjwatson> all 44 pounds of it, yes :)
16:22 <doko> ohh, have to do that, writing email
16:22 <barry> stgraber: some previously planned non-work related travel
16:23 <stgraber> yeah, got my usual flights booked for London (is it a sign I'm going to the same place too often when I remember my "usual" flight numbers? :))
16:24 <slangasek> there are usual flight numbers? :)
16:24 * xnox hopes they wouldn't dare to change the color of curtains......
16:25 <slangasek> I flew on a one-digit Delta flight number recently
16:26 <slangasek> anything else then?
16:26 <slangasek> next week will be the last meeting of the year
16:26 <barry> slangasek: oh weird :)
16:27 <slangasek> #endmeeting