20:11 <czajkowski> #startmeeting
20:11 <meetingology> Meeting started Tue Sep 17 20:11:17 2013 UTC.  The chair is czajkowski. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.ubuntu.com/meetingology.
20:11 <meetingology> 
20:11 <meetingology> Available commands: #accept #accepted #action #agree #agreed #chair #commands #endmeeting #endvote #halp #help #idea #info #link #lurk #meetingname #meetingtopic #nick #progress #rejected #replay #restrictlogs #save #startmeeting #subtopic #topic #unchair #undo #unlurk #vote #voters #votesrequired
20:11 <czajkowski> aloha
20:11 <czajkowski> and welcome to this months LoCo Council meeting
20:11 <czajkowski> #chair costales PabloRubianes SergioMeneses czajkowski
20:11 <meetingology> Current chairs: PabloRubianes SergioMeneses costales czajkowski
20:11 <costales> Hi! \o/
20:12 <czajkowski> #link https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LoCoCouncil/Agenda
20:12 <czajkowski> First team up tonight for reverfication is the Danish LoCo
20:13 <PabloRubianes> #subtopic Ubuntu Danmark Local Community
20:13 <czajkowski> #topic Danish LoCo re verification
20:13 <PabloRubianes> sorry czajkowski
20:13 <czajkowski> anyone here from the Danish LoCo
20:13 <czajkowski> PabloRubianes: np :)
20:13 <Zilvador> Yes o/
20:13 <sbc> o/
20:13 <nicky441> Yes
20:13 <czajkowski> welcome
20:13 <PabloRubianes> welcome!
20:13 <AJenbo> o/
20:13 <SergioMeneses> greetings ubuntu danmark!
20:13 <Zilvador> Thank you
20:13 <costales> welcome!
20:13 <czajkowski> #link  https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ubuntu-dk/ReApprovalApplication2013
20:13 <czajkowski> So how are things
20:13 <costales> and good luck!
20:14 <Zilvador> Things are going relatively good.
20:15 <Zilvador> Admittedly we have not had as many events as we would like to recently.
20:15 <czajkowski> Zilvador: it comes in waves :)
20:16 <czajkowski> Zilvador: how does your team get people involved in running evets?
20:16 <Zilvador> This is a consecuence of a decrease of partifcipation. For this reason we are currently reorganising and plan to make up a new strategy to attract more users...old as well as new ones
20:16 <SergioMeneses> Zilvador,  that sounds great! and what do you have in mind?
20:16 <Zilvador> Our greatest tool, so to speak, is our very active forum.
20:16 <czajkowski> nods
20:17 <Zilvador> Here we connect to a very large number of users and help them to solve general Ubuntu issues as well as discuss relevant topics.
20:17 <Zilvador> Additionally we have mailing lists and irc channels which are used on daily or weekly basis, depending on need and participation
20:17 <SergioMeneses> Zilvador, good one
20:18 <costales> I saw a lot of installfest in the reports https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ubuntu-dk/TeamReports :) Do you have some pictures?
20:18 <PabloRubianes> Zilvador: nice, you have meetups?, not events but like get together to have pizza?
20:18 <czajkowski> #link http://loco.ubuntu.com/teams/ubuntu-dk/events/history/
20:18 <czajkowski> amazing amount of events
20:18 <czajkowski> well done folks
20:18 <Zilvador> SergioMeneses: First of all we are planning to reach out to users both through our forum (as said, we have many users), but also through our Facebook page, seeing as how it is a very important tool for communication today
20:19 <Zilvador> costales: I asked the organizers just the other day. Unfortunately they have not made pictures, though we have asked them to :)
20:19 <SergioMeneses> social media is always a good tool :)
20:20 <costales> Zilvador, OK :) Don't worry
20:20 <costales> What happened with the Ubuntu Cafe in 2012? It they didn't work? :)
20:20 <Zilvador> PabloRubianes: The current community is very spread out. Weekly meeting happen it two cities in Denmark and we hope to reinitiate meeting previously held with success in another city.
20:20 <PabloRubianes> Zilvador: where's any issue you would like to share with the council to see if we can help you?
20:21 <PabloRubianes> Zilvador: good :)
20:22 <Zilvador> PabloRubianes: We would greatly appreciate if the council could give advice or share experiences regarding catching peoples attention to the work and events of the local community
20:22 <Zilvador> Our current problem is exactly that...we lack attention. We have experimented both with online commercials and posters previously, but so far we have not reached as far out as we hoped to.
20:23 <PabloRubianes> Zilvador: that's the hardest part of the LoCo, I found really useful for my LoCo to have meetings every month even for just a coffee
20:23 <PabloRubianes> and use google hangouts
20:24 <Zilvador> Google hangouts might be a good idea. We will take this into consideration
20:24 <PabloRubianes> Zilvador: the Brazilian team does Q+A session on hangouts on Air and for them are really useful
20:25 <PabloRubianes> Zilvador: irc is not as fun as hangouts :P
20:25 <Zilvador> Also, informal meetings were initially a few friends just meet up to hopefully receive more potentials have been considered. These are among our plans for motivating future events and meetings.
20:26 <PabloRubianes> i don't know if SergioMeneses or costales want to add anything else to this
20:26 <Zilvador> PabloRubianes: We actually have a dedicated IRC channel for Q+A. An idea though might be to use this one for events as well or to turn it into a weekly hangout :)
20:26 <costales> It's OK for me, ubuntu-dk did a great work :)
20:26 <Zilvador> That could be a good idea
20:26 <czajkowski> #voters costales PabloRubianes SergioMeneses czajkowski
20:26 <meetingology> Current voters: PabloRubianes SergioMeneses costales czajkowski
20:26 <costales> +1
20:26 <czajkowski> #vote please vote on the reverification of the Danish LoCo
20:26 <meetingology> Please vote on: please vote on the reverification of the Danish LoCo
20:26 <meetingology> Public votes can be registered by saying +1, +0 or -1 in channel, (private votes don't work yet, but when they do it will be by messaging the channel followed by +1/-1/+0 to me)
20:26 <czajkowski> +1 well done great work
20:26 <meetingology> +1 well done great work received from czajkowski
20:26 <costales> +1
20:26 <meetingology> +1 received from costales
20:27 <czajkowski> PabloRubianes: SergioMeneses
20:27 <PabloRubianes> +1 nice work and good luck in the new plans
20:27 <meetingology> +1 nice work and good luck in the new plans received from PabloRubianes
20:27 <SergioMeneses> +1
20:27 <meetingology> +1 received from SergioMeneses
20:28 <czajkowski> #endvote
20:28 <meetingology> Voting ended on: please vote on the reverification of the Danish LoCo
20:28 <meetingology> Votes for:4 Votes against:0 Abstentions:0
20:28 <meetingology> Motion carried
20:28 <czajkowski> well done folks
20:28 * sbc cheers
20:28 <costales> Congrats team and thanks! Keep the hard work! :)
20:28 <Christian_Arvai> thx
20:28 <Zilvador> Thank you very much! :)
20:28 <czajkowski> PabloRubianes: SergioMeneses costales which one of you wnat to add them to https://launchpad.net/~locoteams-verified
20:28 <AJenbo> !
20:28 <nicky441> We will indeed :) And thanks
20:28 <Zilvador> We have actually one more thing to ask. If possible, we would appreciate it if we could receive more cd's with Ubuntu 12.04 LTS for handing out
20:29 <PabloRubianes> czajkowski: o/
20:29 <costales> czajkowski, I can :)
20:29 <czajkowski> PabloRubianes: ok you do this one :)
20:29 <czajkowski> costales: you're next
20:29 <costales> ok ;)
20:29 <czajkowski> #topic Arizona LoCo Re verification
20:29 <czajkowski> #link https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ArizonaTeam/ApprovalApplicationrenewal2013
20:30 <czajkowski> anyone here from Arizona ?
20:32 <costales> ping ubuntu-arizona :)
20:33 <czajkowski> toddc: aloha
20:33 <toddc> HI we were trying to get on the schedule for next month
20:34 <costales> Hi toddc :) Good luck!
20:34 <czajkowski> toddc: do you want to wait till then ?
20:34 <czajkowski> we're free now if you want to chat
20:34 <toddc> I am here and free but but do have othe members availible  ATM
20:35 <toddc> I can answer most questions
20:35 <czajkowski> toddc: sure :)
20:35 <costales> toddc, You have a lot of events! awesome!
20:35 <czajkowski> #link https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ArizonaTeam/ApprovalApplicationrenewal2013
20:35 <czajkowski> Firstly let me say what an amazing application
20:35 <toddc> we have had a lot of growth over the last year--thank you
20:35 <czajkowski> it's lovely to see how active you guys are
20:35 <PabloRubianes> yes
20:35 <czajkowski> toddc: how has that come about ?
20:36 <PabloRubianes> really impressive!
20:36 <costales> http://loco.ubuntu.com/teams/ubuntu-arizona/events/history/
20:36 <toddc> we have a lot of luck working with other groups and schools
20:36 <czajkowski> #link http://loco.ubuntu.com/teams/ubuntu-arizona/events/history/
20:36 <czajkowski> you've had 46 events this year so far! OMG!
20:37 <czajkowski> toddc: can you tell us a little about that ?
20:38 <toddc> started with a monly installfest with another group and it has had a steady growth with more and more interest
20:38 <costales> toddc, Are the installfest working well? Because you are doing a lot of them! :O Is there still someone without Ubuntu in Arizona? :P :D
20:39 <toddc> we have expanded the installfests to include home servers and router mods --almost anything linux
20:39 <costales> ;)
20:39 <costales> good idea
20:39 <toddc> the installfests have been a great place to work on projects with a good support system
20:40 <PabloRubianes> nice way to work
20:40 <toddc> streaming events is starting to expand our reach a bit also
20:40 <czajkowski> oh good idea
20:40 <costales> Do you have any issue? or things where the Council can help with?
20:42 <toddc> not at the moment training new members and finding good guides to membership is our next focus
20:42 <costales> great :)
20:43 <czajkowski> great :)
20:43 <czajkowski> toddc: any other comments?
20:44 <toddc> none atm
20:44 <czajkowski> #vote please vote on the re verfication of the Arizona Team
20:44 <meetingology> Please vote on: please vote on the re verfication of the Arizona Team
20:44 <meetingology> Public votes can be registered by saying +1, +0 or -1 in channel, (private votes don't work yet, but when they do it will be by messaging the channel followed by +1/-1/+0 to me)
20:44 <czajkowski> +1 amazing work, love the installfests!
20:44 <meetingology> +1 amazing work, love the installfests! received from czajkowski
20:44 <costales> +1
20:44 <meetingology> +1 received from costales
20:44 <PabloRubianes> +1
20:44 <meetingology> +1 received from PabloRubianes
20:44 <PabloRubianes> keep working!
20:44 <costales> You did an awesome work! Thanks ubuntu-arizona! :D
20:45 <toddc> thank you all for the helping us stay active
20:45 <czajkowski> #endvote
20:45 <meetingology> Voting ended on: please vote on the re verfication of the Arizona Team
20:45 <meetingology> Votes for:3 Votes against:0 Abstentions:0
20:45 <meetingology> Motion carried
20:45 <czajkowski> excellent work folks
20:45 <czajkowski> costales: please update the Arizona team info on https://launchpad.net/~locoteams-verified
20:45 <costales> Added to https://launchpad.net/~locoteams-verified
20:47 <czajkowski> yay
20:47 <czajkowski> #endmeeting