16:34 <jdstrand> #startmeeting
16:34 <meetingology> Meeting started Mon Aug 19 16:34:32 2013 UTC.  The chair is jdstrand. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.ubuntu.com/meetingology.
16:34 <meetingology> 
16:34 <meetingology> Available commands: #accept #accepted #action #agree #agreed #chair #commands #endmeeting #endvote #halp #help #idea #info #link #lurk #meetingname #meetingtopic #nick #progress #rejected #replay #restrictlogs #save #startmeeting #subtopic #topic #unchair #undo #unlurk #vote #voters #votesrequired
16:34 <jdstrand> The meeting agenda can be found at:
16:34 <jdstrand> [LINK] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/SecurityTeam/Meeting
16:34 <jdstrand> [TOPIC] Weekly stand-up report
16:34 <jdstrand> I'll go first
16:35 <jdstrand> I'm on community this week
16:35 <jdstrand> I have some bug triage to finish up
16:35 <jdstrand> I have pending updates I'm working on
16:35 <jdstrand> I've also been bootstrapping appstore review scripts
16:36 <jdstrand> I also hope to test/sponsor tyhick's pending apparmor/dbus upload
16:36 <jdstrand> mdeslaur: you're up
16:36 <mdeslaur> I'm in the happy place this week
16:36 <mdeslaur> I start my holiday on wednesday, until the 3rd
16:36 <mdeslaur> so I'll basically be upgrading my laptop to saucy today, and that's pretty much it
16:37 <mdeslaur> and will possibly do some triage/research
16:37 <mdeslaur> that's it for me, sbeattie
16:37 <sbeattie> mdeslaur: enjoy your holiday
16:37 <sbeattie> I'm on apparmor this week
16:38 <sbeattie> I'm focused on writing additional testcases for the regression tests, in particular IPC.
16:38 <sbeattie> ... which is pretty much it for me.
16:38 <sbeattie> tyhicks: you're up
16:40 <sbeattie> oh wait, tyhicks is off today.
16:40 <sbeattie> sarnold: I think you're up.
16:41 <sarnold> I'm on triage this week, working on an embargoed update, and doing MIR audits
16:43 <sarnold> I'm also playing with different published kernels to try to find one that does kvm / qemu / libvirt without any problems. some kernels run VMs fine but I'm having trouble creating VMs, which is a big necssary for the update I'm working on..
16:43 <jdstrand> erf
16:44 <sarnold> yeah. I kinda wish I had a precise machine around for this kind of stuff. :)
16:44 <sarnold> oh well :) chrisccoulson, you're up :)
16:44 <jdstrand> I don't see why a kernel would fail on creating a vm vs running it
16:44 <chrisccoulson> hi :)
16:44 <jdstrand> (well, unless running it causes problems, like 3.10 with vmvga)
16:45 <sarnold> jdstrand: no, me neither, it might also be libvirt's fault.. :)
16:45 <chrisccoulson> this week, i'm mostly working on a messaging API for oxide (to allow content scripts to pass messages to the application), so that i can finally start adding some proper tests
16:45 <chrisccoulson> last week was quite a productive week :)
16:46 <chrisccoulson> there's also a firefox 23.0.1 (which is already released actually). it's not a security driven update and from looking at the bug list, i'm not convinced it's worth spending time on to update
16:47 <chrisccoulson> i think that's me done
16:49 <jdstrand> [TOPIC] Highlighted packages
16:49 <jdstrand> he Ubuntu Security team will highlight some community-supported packages that might be good candidates for updating and or triaging. If you would like to help Ubuntu and not sure where to start, this is a great way to do so.
16:49 <jdstrand> See https://wiki.ubuntu.com/SecurityTeam/UpdateProcedures for details and if you have any questions, feel free to ask in #ubuntu-security. To find out other ways of helping out, please see https://wiki.ubuntu.com/SecurityTeam/GettingInvolved.
16:49 <jdstrand> http://people.canonical.com/~ubuntu-security/cve/pkg/open-vm-tools.html
16:49 <jdstrand> http://people.canonical.com/~ubuntu-security/cve/pkg/hawtjni.html
16:49 <jdstrand> http://people.canonical.com/~ubuntu-security/cve/pkg/mplayer.html
16:49 <jdstrand> http://people.canonical.com/~ubuntu-security/cve/pkg/elinks.html
16:49 <jdstrand> http://people.canonical.com/~ubuntu-security/cve/pkg/gollem.html
16:49 <jdstrand> [TOPIC] Miscellaneous and Questions
16:49 <jdstrand> Does anyone have any other questions or items to discuss?
16:51 <jdstrand> mdeslaur, sbeattie, sarnold, chrisccoulson: thanks!
16:51 <jdstrand> #endmeeting