16:31 <jdstrand> #startmeeting
16:31 <meetingology> Meeting started Mon Jun 24 16:31:17 2013 UTC.  The chair is jdstrand. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.ubuntu.com/meetingology.
16:31 <meetingology> 
16:31 <meetingology> Available commands: #accept #accepted #action #agree #agreed #chair #commands #endmeeting #endvote #halp #help #idea #info #link #lurk #meetingname #meetingtopic #nick #progress #rejected #replay #restrictlogs #save #startmeeting #subtopic #topic #unchair #undo #unlurk #vote #voters #votesrequired
16:31 <jdstrand> The meeting agenda can be found at:
16:31 <jdstrand> [LINK] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/SecurityTeam/Meeting
16:31 <jdstrand> [TOPIC] Announcements
16:31 <jdstrand> Christian Kuersteiner (ckuerste) provided a debdiff for quantal for ruby-openid (LP: #1190179). Your work is very much appreciated and will keep Ubuntu users secure. Great job! :)
16:31 <ubottu> Launchpad bug 1190179 in ruby-openid (Ubuntu Quantal) "XML denial of service vulnerability" [Undecided,Fix released] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1190179
16:31 <jdstrand> [TOPIC] Weekly stand-up report
16:31 <jdstrand> I'll go first
16:31 <chrisccoulson> hi
16:32 <jdstrand> I'm on community this week
16:33 <jdstrand> I am currently working on finishing the SDK work items and goals for June deliverables
16:33 <jdstrand> with luck, I will be done with June's work items today (thanks to me just picking up where sbeattie left off)
16:34 <jdstrand> I did some phablet image testing last week, and will continue that this week. mostly just making sure that various pieces are landing and working correctly
16:34 <jdstrand> I have monthly planning to do (with the help of the team)
16:35 <jdstrand> and hopefully can get out a pending update
16:35 <jdstrand> that's it from me. mdes laur isn't here today, so tyhicks, you're up
16:36 <tyhicks> I suspect that I'll have some ContentPicker work this week, but won't know for sure until tomorrow
16:37 <tyhicks> I'm continuing to freshen up the dbus-dev patches so that they're in shape for uploading/upstreaming
16:38 <tyhicks> I'm also anxious to start work on the apparmor dbus policy parser changes that we voted on (pending jj's email about future IPC syntax)
16:38 <jdstrand> tyhicks: are you planning an apparmor upload to the ppa?
16:38 <tyhicks> jdstrand: probably not today
16:38 <tyhicks> jdstrand: do we need to coordinate uploads?
16:39 <jdstrand> ok. I will be doing a saucy upload to Ubuntu hopefully today, but also wanted to update the raring ppa with the same patches
16:40 <tyhicks> jdstrand: that'll be fine - I'll just rebase on what you upload
16:40 <jdstrand> tyhicks: I think if you are early or I am late, then yes. otherwise we should be ok
16:40 * tyhicks nods
16:40 <tyhicks> I think that's it
16:40 <jdstrand> my changes shouldn't affect anything you're doing
16:40 <tyhicks> good
16:41 <tyhicks> jjohansen: you're up
16:41 <jjohansen> I'm finishing up with the apparmor3 backport for the phablet kernels.
16:41 <jjohansen> there are some dbus patches tyhicks to look at
16:41 <jjohansen> A couple of patches for 2.8 bugs to get out so I can help sarnold do the 2.8.2 release
16:41 <jjohansen> I need to finish up my long delayed IPC syntax email that is blocking tyhick
16:41 <jjohansen> And of course get back to my June WI
16:41 <tyhicks> jjohansen: you have patches for the dbus package?
16:42 <jjohansen> tyhicks: no, I just mean looking at the dbus related patches you posted
16:42 <tyhicks> ah, got it
16:42 <tyhicks> jjohansen: you wrote two of them, so you're almost half way done already ;)
16:43 <jjohansen> \o/
16:43 <jdstrand> heheh
16:43 <jdstrand> is that an implicit ack?
16:43 <tyhicks> heh :)
16:43 <jjohansen> well we all know my code is perfect ;-)
16:44 <jdstrand> :)
16:44 <jjohansen> oh I guess I should say I have the weekly meeting with kshijt8 for his GSoC work
16:45 <jjohansen> I think that is it from me sarnold your up
16:45 <sarnold> I'm on triage this week
16:46 <sarnold> I'll also be doing apparmor patch reviews, hopefully apparmor 2.8.2 release, and a lower-priority effort to finish up the bouncy castle test code I'm partly underway with..
16:46 <sarnold> I think that's me, chrisccoulson's turn :)
16:46 <chrisccoulson> hi :)
16:47 <chrisccoulson> it's firefox update day tomorrow, so i've been testing that today
16:47 <chrisccoulson> we are actually going to push chromium out this week as well ;) (going to do that after firefox)
16:47 <chrisccoulson> and then thunderbird too
16:48 <chrisccoulson> so, busy start to the week
16:48 <chrisccoulson> i did more work on oxide last week, and shall continue again later this week once the updates are out of the way
16:48 <chrisccoulson> i think that's me done
16:49 <jdstrand> [TOPIC] Highlighted packages
16:49 <jdstrand> The Ubuntu Security team will highlight some community-supported packages that might be good candidates for updating and or triaging. If you would like to help Ubuntu and not sure where to start, this is a great way to do so.
16:49 <jdstrand> See https://wiki.ubuntu.com/SecurityTeam/UpdateProcedures for details and if you have any questions, feel free to ask in #ubuntu-security. To find out other ways of helping out, please see https://wiki.ubuntu.com/SecurityTeam/GettingInvolved.
16:49 <jdstrand> http://people.canonical.com/~ubuntu-security/cve/pkg/haskell-tls-extra.html
16:49 <jdstrand> http://people.canonical.com/~ubuntu-security/cve/pkg/pktstat.html
16:49 <jdstrand> http://people.canonical.com/~ubuntu-security/cve/pkg/tcptrack.html
16:49 <jdstrand> http://people.canonical.com/~ubuntu-security/cve/pkg/freebsd-sendpr.html
16:49 <jdstrand> http://people.canonical.com/~ubuntu-security/cve/pkg/gromacs.html
16:49 <jdstrand> [TOPIC] Miscellaneous and Questions
16:50 <jdstrand> Does anyone have any other questions or items to discuss?
16:57 <jdstrand> thanks tyhicks, jjohansen, sarnold, chrisccoulson!
16:57 <jdstrand> #endmeeting