16:01:00 <jamespage> #startmeeting Ubuntu Server Team Meeting
16:01:01 <meetingology> Meeting started Tue Feb  5 16:01:00 2013 UTC.  The chair is jamespage. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.ubuntu.com/meetingology.
16:01:01 <meetingology> 
16:01:01 <meetingology> Available commands: #accept #accepted #action #agree #agreed #chair #commands #endmeeting #endvote #halp #help #idea #info #link #lurk #meetingname #meetingtopic #nick #progress #rejected #replay #restrictlogs #save #startmeeting #subtopic #topic #unchair #undo #unlurk #vote #voters #votesrequired
16:01:25 <jamespage> #topic Review ACTION points from previous meeting
16:01:43 <jamespage> utlemming to push A2 cloud image forwards
16:02:16 <jamespage> utlemming: ?
16:02:57 <jamespage> hmm OK - lets swing back to that one
16:03:00 <utlemming> yes, I'll be pushign that
16:03:06 <utlemming> there on track
16:03:07 <jamespage> utlemming: +1 great
16:03:23 <jamespage> #topic Raring Development
16:03:49 <jamespage> #link https://wiki.ubuntu.com/RaringRingtail/ReleaseSchedule
16:03:53 <jamespage> just for reference
16:04:09 <jamespage> A2 is due on the 14th
16:04:48 <jamespage> Daviey: did we agree todo A2 iso images as well?
16:04:56 <smoser> whee!
16:05:01 <Daviey> jamespage: not yet
16:05:14 <smoser> Daviey, how about a compromise on that....
16:05:22 <jamespage> well it feels like a pertinent moment to discuss that right now
16:05:30 <Daviey> can we just wait out for now?
16:05:40 <smoser> surely we can make a concerted effort on iso test in coordination with next tuesday.
16:05:55 <smoser> and just not label anything "alpha 2".
16:06:16 <Daviey> That is the direction we are heading, but there is still some ongoing planning
16:06:22 <smoser> that seems like a sane compromise to me.
16:06:31 <smoser> k.
16:06:41 <jamespage> right-oh - I guess thats an action we can take as a team without committing to a full A2
16:07:05 <jamespage> next
16:07:12 <jamespage> #subtopic Release Bugs
16:07:22 <jamespage> #link http://reqorts.qa.ubuntu.com/reports/rls-mgr/rls-r-tracking-bug-tasks.html#server
16:08:04 <jamespage> looks like hallyn has a few libvirt/qemu/kvm/lxc bugs spinning
16:08:24 <hallyn> do ?
16:08:36 <jamespage> hallyn: hrm bug 1113821
16:08:39 <ubottu> bug 1113821 in libvirt (Ubuntu Raring) "libvirt-bin deletes /etc/dnsmasq.d/libvirt-bin on upgrade" [Medium,Triaged] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1113821
16:08:53 <hallyn> jamespage: stgraber is trying a symlink approach to fix that
16:09:04 <hallyn> for the udev one, i need to re-sync with pitti on that
16:09:11 <jamespage> hallyn: ack
16:09:27 <jamespage> thats bug 1092715 for reference
16:09:28 <ubottu> bug 1092715 in qemu-kvm (Ubuntu Raring) "udevadm trigger --action=change not working in quantal and raring" [High,Confirmed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1092715
16:10:04 <hallyn> right really is followed in bug 1103022
16:10:06 <ubottu> bug 1103022 in udev (Ubuntu) "70-udev-acl.rules needs to put g+rw on /dev/kvm" [High,Confirmed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1103022
16:10:21 <jamespage> this list still feels incomplete; hopefully I'll have a bit of time in the next 7 days to try to get it sorted
16:10:40 <jamespage> #subtopic Blueprints
16:10:45 <jamespage> #link http://status.ubuntu.com/ubuntu-raring/group/topic-raring-servercloud-overview.html
16:11:29 <jamespage> looks like most people managed to have a swing through their BP's since last week
16:12:16 <jamespage> I'm not going to call out any specific BP's this week; does anyone else have any specific BP related items they wanted to raise?
16:13:19 <jamespage> OK - moving on
16:13:25 <jamespage> #topic Ubuntu Server Team Events
16:13:37 <jamespage> anyone going anywhere nice in the next few weeks?
16:13:52 <arosales> scale11x
16:13:56 <arosales> coming up
16:14:30 <jamespage> arosales: who's attending?
16:14:38 <arosales> jcastro and m_3
16:14:44 <arosales> fosdem went well?
16:14:49 <jamespage> marvellous
16:14:58 <jamespage> arosales: yeah - it rocked as normal
16:15:10 <arosales> btw, scale11x is feb 22-24 (http://www.socallinuxexpo.org/scale11x/)
16:15:16 <jamespage> far to much to hear about tho :-)
16:15:18 <hallyn> plumbers coming up
16:15:24 <hallyn> well, in september
16:15:28 <arosales> cool to hear about fosdem
16:15:45 <jamespage> hallyn: golly - thats advanced notice!
16:15:59 <hallyn> jamespage: heh, i like to be prepared.
16:16:16 <jamespage> OK; so if there is no other events...
16:16:19 <jamespage> #topic Weekly Updates & Questions for the QA Team (hggdh)
16:16:27 <jamespage> hggdh: around?
16:17:09 <jamespage> nope - guess not - how about plars?
16:17:43 * jamespage likes to put folk on the spot but that's not working today :-(
16:18:00 <jamespage> #topic Weekly Updates & Questions for the Kernel Team (smb)
16:18:20 <smb> There were a few new Xen CVEs released just today
16:18:40 <smb> Hm, otherwise fighting with one machine with "interesting" mtrr setup...
16:18:54 <smb> Any questions for me?
16:18:54 <smb> ..
16:19:33 <jamespage> smb: I think you are off the hook this week...
16:19:44 <jamespage> #topic Weekly Updates & Questions regarding Ubuntu ARM Server (rbasak)
16:19:55 <rbasak> Nothing new to report. Any questions for me?
16:20:45 <jamespage> sounds like no to me
16:20:51 <jamespage> #topic Open Discussion
16:21:46 <Daviey> Nothing here, thanks
16:21:52 <jamespage> anyone else?
16:21:55 <jamespage> for anything else?
16:22:29 <jamespage> OK
16:22:37 <jamespage> #topic Announce next meeting date and time
16:22:59 <jamespage> 12th Feb @1600 UTC in #ubuntu-meeting
16:23:05 <Daviey> shortest meeting yet.
16:23:08 <jamespage> #endmeeting