16:01:09 <slangasek> #startmeeting
16:01:09 <meetingology> Meeting started Wed Jan 23 16:01:09 2013 UTC.  The chair is slangasek. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.ubuntu.com/meetingology.
16:01:09 <meetingology> 
16:01:09 <meetingology> Available commands: #accept #accepted #action #agree #agreed #chair #commands #endmeeting #endvote #halp #help #idea #info #link #lurk #meetingname #meetingtopic #nick #progress #rejected #replay #restrictlogs #save #startmeeting #subtopic #topic #unchair #undo #unlurk #vote #voters #votesrequired
16:01:43 * stgraber waves
16:02:01 <slangasek> [TOPIC] lightning round
16:02:28 <slangasek> $ echo $(shuf -e barry doko stgraber jodh ev bdmurray slangasek ogra cjwatson xnox stokachu)
16:02:31 <slangasek> jodh stokachu stgraber bdmurray ogra doko xnox barry slangasek ev cjwatson
16:02:39 <jodh> * blueprints:
16:02:39 <jodh> - foundations-r-upstart-stateful-re-exec: DONE
16:02:40 <jodh> - foundations-r-upstart-roadmap: NOPROGRESS
16:02:40 <jodh> - foundations-r-arm-ubiquity: NOPROGRESS (btw - who assigned 'implement reboot in the oem-config' to me?)
16:02:43 <jodh> - foundations-r-upstart-user-session-enhancements:
16:02:46 <jodh> - Updated spec updates for shutdown and event prefixing.
16:02:49 <jodh> - Reworked workitems plan.
16:02:52 <jodh> - Reviewed and merged lp:~stgraber/upstart/upstart-session-socket.
16:02:55 <jodh> - Reviewed and merged lp:~xnox/upstart/user-log-dir.
16:02:58 <jodh> - Reviewed lp:~stgraber/upstart/upstart-make-event-bridge-usable.
16:03:02 <jodh> - Worked on removal of existing sessions code.
16:03:05 <jodh> - Worked on adding list-sessions.
16:03:08 <jodh> - Worked on setenv+getenv branch.
16:03:11 <jodh> * upstart
16:03:15 <jodh> - Tweaked lp:~jamesodhunt/upstart/bug-881885 after comments from cjwatson.
16:03:18 <jodh> - Uploaded fix for bug 1096531.
16:03:19 <ubottu> bug 1096531 in upstart "After touch /forcefsck and reboot: Assertion failed in log_clear_unflushed" [High,Fix committed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1096531
16:03:21 <jodh> - discussions with kernel team re kernel image 'boot hang' (which
16:03:24 <jodh> looks to be a conflation of bug 1096531 and a kernel issue
16:03:27 <jodh> resulting in no console output).
16:03:28 <jodh> * misc:
16:03:31 <jodh> - FOSDEM admin.
16:03:34 <jodh> 🁭
16:03:36 <slangasek> hum, "reboot in oem-config" doesn't sound familiar to me
16:03:37 <jodh> 
16:03:49 <stokachu> bug 1023069 - Havent had a chance to dig into this one but wanted to know UE has come across this in testing
16:03:50 <stokachu> bug 1078103 - Some of the partners listed are in this meeting, wanted to get some feedback on what we were doing for providing acroread across arch's and distro's.
16:03:50 <stokachu> http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=698329 - working on getting sosreport packaged and included into Debian
16:03:50 <ubottu> bug 1023069 in debian-installer (Ubuntu) "Packages was corrupt" [High,Confirmed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1023069
16:03:52 <ubottu> bug 1078103 in acroread (Ubuntu) "Still no acroread for 64 bit precise" [Undecided,New] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1078103
16:03:52 <stokachu> currently working on this merge: https://merges.ubuntu.com/a/aptitude/REPORT
16:03:53 <cjwatson> 881885> I approved that modulo conflicts
16:03:54 <ubottu> Debian bug 698329 in wnpp "ITP: sos -- This set of tools is designed to provide information to support organizations" [Wishlist,Open]
16:03:55 <stokachu> (done)
16:04:16 <stgraber> Feature work:
16:04:16 <stgraber> - Upstart (BLUEPRINT: foundations-r-upstart-user-session-enhancements)
16:04:16 <stgraber> - Some more work on the session socket code, now merged upstream.
16:04:16 <stgraber> - Worked a bit on the event bridge to make it work with the session socket and handle pid files properly.
16:04:16 * xnox vaguelly recollects info about it. jodh: it may be related to hostname changes (e.g. reboot to update hostname everywhere)
16:04:19 <stgraber> - Planning the next steps (jobs, packaging, landing).
16:04:22 <stgraber> - Container (BLUEPRINT: servercloud-r-lxc)
16:04:24 <stgraber> - Code reviews.
16:04:27 <stgraber> - Planning 0.9~alpha3.
16:04:29 <stgraber> - Networking (BLUEPRINT: foundations-r-networking)
16:04:32 <stgraber> - Merged isc-dhcp-server and fixed a few bugs in the process (bug 1071928, bug 1088682 and bug 930962)
16:04:35 <stgraber> - Merged resolvconf and fixed a few bugs in the process (bug 1085756 and bug 1085862)
16:04:36 <ubottu> bug 1071928 in isc-dhcp (Ubuntu Quantal) "isc-dhcp-server-ldap (4.2.4-1ubuntu10.1) is not capable of ldap" [High,Triaged] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1071928
16:04:38 <stgraber> - Prepared experimental version of isc-dhcp-server with Infiniband support, waiting for test results before pushing to the archive.
16:04:41 <ubottu> bug 1088682 in isc-dhcp (Ubuntu Quantal) "dhclient does not register hostname to dynamic DNS (AD)" [Medium,New] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1088682
16:04:41 <stgraber> Other work:
16:04:42 <ubottu> bug 930962 in isc-dhcp (Ubuntu) "dhcp3-server reports many bad udp checksums to syslog using virtio NIC" [Medium,Fix released] https://launchpad.net/bugs/930962
16:04:43 <ubottu> bug 1085756 in resolvconf (Ubuntu) "/etc/ppp/ip-up.d/000resolvconf doesn't check if envvar USEPEERDNS is set" [Undecided,Fix released] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1085756
16:04:43 <stgraber> - Installer
16:04:44 <ubottu> bug 1085862 in resolvconf (Ubuntu) "#DEBHELPER# token is in the wrong place, and other resolvconf postinst nits" [Undecided,Fix released] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1085862
16:04:46 <stgraber> - SRUed fix for casper bug 984276
16:04:47 <ubottu> bug 984276 in casper (Ubuntu Precise) "installing casper on a non live system causes update-initramfs to fail" [High,In progress] https://launchpad.net/bugs/984276
16:04:48 <stgraber> - Other
16:04:51 <stgraber> - Helped debug some qemu/libvirt interactions (bug 1102487)
16:04:52 <ubottu> bug 1102487 in libvirt (Ubuntu) "VM won't boot after recent qemu upgrade" [High,In progress] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1102487
16:04:53 <stgraber> - Patch pilot on Monday
16:04:56 <stgraber> TODO:
16:04:58 <stgraber> - Follow-up on state of the lxc and libseccomp MIRs.
16:05:01 <stgraber> - Try to finish any LXC feature work for this cycle (2 items left).
16:05:03 <stgraber> - Prepare some upstart user session debs with all our patches and the initial Xsession scripts and upstart jobs.
16:05:06 <stgraber> - Start the work on (BLUEPRINT: foundations-r-improving-dist-upgrades).
16:05:09 <stgraber> (DONE)
16:05:21 <cjwatson> stokachu: 1023069> I think that should have been a new bug rather than dogpiling on an existing one, but regardless: please get the affected user to upload a full installer syslog (they can extract it by going back to the main menu and selecting "save debug logs", or by running 'anna-install openssh-client-udeb' from a shell and using scp)
16:05:35 <bdmurray> * blueprints
16:06:02 <bdmurray> foundations-r-phased-update: I'm working on parts of this
16:06:03 <stokachu> cjwatson: ok would you prefer a new bug ? ill re-expire this one and create a new one with that info
16:06:05 <jodh> xnox: yes I recall discussions where we decided it would be safest to reboot, but don't remember getting assigned the workitem :)
16:06:07 <cjwatson> stokachu: the business about Packages.gz being 20 bytes (i.e. gzip of an empty file) is likely a red herring since that's probably as intended on a CD
16:06:13 <cjwatson> stokachu: nah, might as well continue with this now
16:06:17 <cjwatson> stokachu: just for the next time :)
16:06:22 <bdmurray> foundations-r-improving-dist-upgrades: no progress
16:06:35 <stokachu> cjwatson: sure thing ill make sure support knows as well not to piggy back off stuff like that
16:06:41 <bdmurray> foundations-r-crash-database: I'm working on a team view for errors.ubuntu.com
16:06:53 <bdmurray> foundations-r-sru-queue-velocity: no progress
16:07:01 <bdmurray> other:
16:07:09 <bdmurray> submitted and merged a merge proposal for the subscriber packages view on errors
16:07:12 <bdmurray> reported bug 1103156 regarding most_common_problems.js and user parameter
16:07:14 <ubottu> bug 1103156 in Errors "not possible to use user parameter on front page of errors" [Undecided,New] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1103156
16:07:15 <cjwatson> stokachu: Yeah, sometimes it makes sense but more often than not it doesn't
16:07:15 <bdmurray> posted on blog regarding source package searching on errors.ubuntu.com
16:07:18 <bdmurray> discovered that the Launchpad API does not serve ETags with collections thereby making it harder to cache them
16:07:21 <slangasek> stokachu: bug #1023069> xnox's reply seems definitive, this should only happen if there's a network problem?
16:07:21 <bdmurray> research into update-manager phased updates support in Q
16:07:22 <ubottu> bug 1023069 in debian-installer (Ubuntu) "Packages was corrupt" [High,Confirmed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1023069
16:07:23 <bdmurray> investigation into lsb-release crash - bug 1094218
16:07:24 <ubottu> bug 1094218 in lsb (Ubuntu) "lsb_release crashed with IOError in getstatusoutput(): [Errno 10] No child processes" [Medium,Confirmed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1094218
16:07:26 <bdmurray> investigation into bug 1096022 and upgrade test failing
16:07:27 <ubottu> bug 1096022 in update-manager (Ubuntu) ""E:Error, pkgProblemResolver::Resolve generated breaks" during lucid->precise universe upgrade of amd64" [Medium,Triaged] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1096022
16:07:28 <bdmurray> investigation into wubi bug 1093819
16:07:29 <ubottu> bug 1093819 in Wubi "Wubi installed 12.10 amd64 without configuring i386" [Undecided,New] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1093819
16:07:30 <bdmurray> verified P SRU of autofs5 - bug 488696
16:07:30 <bdmurray> had a holiday
16:07:31 <ubottu> bug 488696 in autofs5 (Ubuntu Precise) "syntax error in nsswitch config near [ syntax error ]" [High,Fix released] https://launchpad.net/bugs/488696
16:07:32 <bdmurray> uploaded apport fix for bug 1100198
16:07:33 <ubottu> bug 1100198 in apport (Ubuntu) "source_linux.py logic fails to detect 3.8.0-0-generic as an Ubuntu kernel" [High,Fix released] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1100198
16:07:40 <bdmurray> ⁂ done
16:07:47 <cjwatson> slangasek: *should* - worth a double-check though if it's affecting a customer
16:07:52 <ogra_> done:
16:07:53 <ogra_> * added preseed.cfg support to nexus7 images
16:07:53 <ogra_> * added shell script that makes auto-rotation of the nexus7 work
16:07:53 <ogra_> * fixed various gsettings issues
16:07:53 <ogra_> * updated onboard settings on the nexus7 for new features (proper docking support)
16:07:53 <ogra_> * various discussions about nexus7 work
16:07:55 <ogra_> * started the weekly nexus7 status meeting on fridays again
16:07:57 <ogra_> * hunting down IS to somehow get an arm livefs builder again
16:07:59 <ogra_> todo:
16:08:01 <ogra_> * port nx7 images to xz compression (blocked on missing livefs builder)
16:08:03 <ogra_> * discuss livefs builder situation with infinity (carried over from last week, blocked on builder)
16:08:05 <ogra_> * fix plymouth vs console-setup racing somehow (likely needs cjwatson advice) to allow initrd-less booting
16:08:08 <ogra_> * port update-notifier to pkexec to fix onboard vs gksu issues
16:08:10 <ogra_> * add lux script for making the ambient light sensor work on the nexus7
16:08:12 <ogra_> ..
16:08:28 <doko> * blueprint cross building: should be done (there wasn't much in the blueprint i
16:08:28 <doko> tself)
16:08:28 <doko> * fixed the armhf and armel cross compilers (still need the armel one, because d
16:08:28 <doko> pkg-cross can't handle arm biarch, and getting rid of dpkg-cross would require m
16:08:28 <doko> ore work)
16:08:29 <cjwatson> likely needs cjwatson staring at a wall for an hour trying to remember ...
16:08:29 <doko> * looking at python3 and twisted
16:08:31 <doko> * started backporting python3 cross build patches to 2.7.
16:08:33 <doko> * updated GCC to the Linaro 2013-01 release.
16:08:35 <doko> * updated my notebook to raring, now having the fan constantly running :-(
16:08:37 <doko> (done)
16:09:19 <ogra_> cjwatson, you mean the console-setup stuff ?
16:09:41 <ogra_> heh
16:09:45 <xnox> foundations-r-upstart-user-session-enhancements:
16:09:45 <xnox> * implement review comments in the lp:~xnox/upstart/user-log-dir
16:09:46 <xnox> Approved and merged now.
16:09:46 <xnox> foundations-r-arm-usb-creator-fastboot-support:
16:09:46 <xnox> * Started UI and backend implementation. Usb-creator can auto-launch
16:09:48 <xnox> upon plugging in a nexus7 device (with a hack), nexus7 devices
16:09:49 <slangasek> stokachu: wrt bug #1078103, I thought Adobe was no longer giving us distribution rights in any event
16:09:50 <xnox> appear. It doesn't yet successfully flash nexus7. Hoping to have a PPA
16:09:51 <ubottu> bug 1078103 in acroread (Ubuntu) "Still no acroread for 64 bit precise" [Undecided,New] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1078103
16:09:52 <xnox> spec, setup secure-boot VM (with OVMF) to verify/fix Secure Boot
16:09:56 <xnox> support in usb-creator.
16:09:58 <xnox> ubiquity:
16:10:00 <xnox> * Working on a couple preseeding bugs for QA (nfs & oem-config preseeds)
16:10:02 <xnox> TODO:
16:10:04 <xnox> * lvm2 merge to continue shipping clvm
16:10:06 <xnox> * mdadm merge from experimental to bring in improved isms support.
16:10:08 <xnox> ..
16:10:31 <cjwatson> ogra_: yeah
16:10:45 <barry> short week due to usa holiday.  bug 1100408.  bug 1077087.  bug 1077092.  bug 1102715.  bug 1102621.  reviewed lp:~mitya57/ubuntu/raring/python3-defaults/resync will approve/upload unless doko objects.  uploaded python3-whoosh to ppa for testing as xapian replacement.
16:10:50 <ubottu> bug 1100408 in software-center (Ubuntu) "Update Depends for new oneconf packaging" [Undecided,Fix committed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1100408
16:10:51 <barry> foundations-r-python3-oauth: 2 bugs fix committed; all other bugs in progress with branches having mps awaiting review (with a couple waiting for imminent new upstream release).
16:10:52 <ubottu> bug 1077087 in Ubuntu Single Sign On Client "Switch from python-oauth to python-oauthlib" [Undecided,In progress] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1077087
16:10:53 <ubottu> bug 1077092 in Ubuntu One storage protocol "Switch from python-oauth to python-oauthlib" [Undecided,In progress] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1077092
16:10:55 <ubottu> bug 1102715 in OneConf "oneconf-query crashed with ImportError in /usr/bin/oneconf-query: No module named oneconf.version" [High,New] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1102715
16:10:56 <ubottu> bug 1102621 in Twisted Buildbot Configuration "xvfb failed to start" [Undecided,Fix released] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1102621
16:10:58 <barry> foundations-r-python-versions: updated blueprint work items.
16:11:04 <barry> foundations-r-python33: see above merge proposal for last remaining TODO.
16:11:06 <barry> done
16:11:29 <xnox> slangasek: https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/acroread/9.5.1-1precise1/+build/3404003 seems to part of the problem.
16:12:08 <xnox> stokachu: it failed to build for amd64 in precise, which may be something we should fix or not.
16:13:07 <stokachu> xnox: do we have a general consensus on if we are going to continue building acroread?
16:13:32 <cjwatson> presumably we need to find out if we have continued permission to redistribute before a consensus from this team means anything
16:13:47 <stokachu> do i ask legal about that?
16:15:42 <slangasek> ogra_: "Somehow get an arm livefs builder again" - do we not currently have one?
16:15:53 <cjwatson> I've lost track of who's responsible for partner agreements; presumably somebody with OEM in their title
16:16:14 <ogra_> slangasek, not since four days, nope
16:16:21 <slangasek> ogra_: is there an RT for this?
16:16:26 <slangasek> ogra_: (please cc: me to it)
16:16:31 <ogra_> slangasek, seems there is some kind of machine moving going on in the DC
16:16:46 <cjwatson> or actually maybe ISV
16:16:51 <ogra_> no, RT, i am constantly in #is though, in conversation with ChrisS
16:17:21 <ogra_> he said there would be hope that everything is connected up again later today
16:18:24 <slangasek> doko: wrt cross-compilation, the main deliverable that we need here is high-level documentation in wiki.ubuntu.com telling people how to use everything; does that exist already?
16:18:51 <cjwatson> slangasek: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/CrossBuilding shouldn't be too bad now
16:19:01 <doko> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/CrossBuilding
16:19:33 <slangasek> xnox: mdadm> did you see my bug assignment to you wrt mdadm's degraded mode initramfs handling?
16:19:34 <doko> right, maybe I should extend this how to use it with just dpkg-buildpackage
16:20:06 <cjwatson> stokachu: My best guess after some trawling through the directory and the wiki would be to try David Duffey
16:20:46 <stokachu> cjwatson: ok thanks ill shoot him an email and get some confirmation on that
16:21:00 <xnox> slangasek: now, i did.
16:21:34 <slangasek> ogra_: please open an RT for this issue (and in general, for issues like this that are taking longer than they should) so that IS knows it's a priority - not just the person you're talking with in #is at the time
16:21:55 <ogra_> k
16:21:58 <slangasek> stokachu: please cc: me on your mail to dduffey
16:22:07 <stokachu> slangasek: rgr that
16:22:12 <xnox> slangasek: will include it in the upcomming upload.
16:22:14 <slangasek> ta
16:22:16 <slangasek> * short week, US holiday this Monday
16:22:17 <slangasek> * pulled into a number of meetings last week at the client sprint
16:22:17 <slangasek> * ongoing discussions with folks around Kylin
16:22:17 <slangasek> * tried to reproduce bug #1094218 (and failed), though there is strong confirmation it's specific to TeamViewer
16:22:19 <ubottu> bug 1094218 in lsb (Ubuntu) "lsb_release crashed with IOError in getstatusoutput(): [Errno 10] No child processes" [Medium,Confirmed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1094218
16:22:20 <slangasek> * fielding various mountall, plymouth bug reports; mountall once again is too fast (bug #1103047)
16:22:20 <ubottu> bug 1103047 in mountall (Ubuntu) "mountall causes automatic mounting of gluster shares to fail" [Low,Incomplete] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1103047
16:22:23 <slangasek> * head-scratching over bug #1100247
16:22:24 <ubottu> bug 1100247 in shim (Ubuntu Raring) "Unable to install Ubuntu on laptop without enabling Legacy mode" [High,Incomplete] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1100247
16:22:25 <slangasek> * double dose of SRU processing last week, as the queue is rather long
16:22:28 <slangasek> * FOSDEM planning
16:22:30 <slangasek> * TODO this week:
16:22:33 <slangasek> * hunt down gnu-efi regression affecting shim
16:22:35 <slangasek> * systemd packaging
16:22:38 <slangasek> * BP status:
16:22:40 <slangasek> * foundations-r-secure-boot: in progress er the above
16:22:43 <slangasek> * foundations-r-improve-cross-compilation: stalled; will look at this next month
16:22:46 <slangasek> * foundations-r-opt-installation: no progress to report; will start on this next month
16:22:49 <slangasek> (done)
16:22:51 <slangasek> bdmurray: did you have any more luck reproducing bug #1094218 than I did?
16:22:55 <slangasek> I'm not seeing anything in teamviewer that explains why this would break
16:23:10 <ev> Week of January 17th
16:23:11 <ev> - Continued work on the prodstack error tracker deployment.
16:23:11 <ev> - I've now got it deployed and working end-to-end in Amazon EC2, including
16:23:11 <ev> using S3 to store core dumps. \o/
16:23:11 <ev> - Provided set up instructions in the RT and at
16:23:11 <ev> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ErrorTracker/Deployment#Prodstack
16:23:12 <ev> - Started looking into getting the existing Nagios hooks implemented.
16:23:31 <bdmurray> slangasek: no, I'm working on reproducing that dist upgrade bug
16:23:36 <slangasek> ok
16:23:44 <ev> - Finishing up my apport branch to group system-internal error reports with the
16:23:44 <ev> next desktop application error report. Just need to fix a few more failing
16:23:44 <ev> tests (that expect lone system reports to produce a UI) and it will be ready
16:23:44 <ev> for review.
16:23:44 <ev> - Meeting with Andy and Stefan to discuss how we can better handle error
16:23:44 <ev> reports from the kernel.
16:23:45 <ev> - They're going to write an in-kernel replacement for kerneloops.
16:23:50 <ev> - We'll create something similar to the failed to suspend mechanism for
16:23:50 <ev> reporting when the system has hard locked, somewhat replacing the
16:23:51 <ev> /var/crash/vmcore approach.
16:23:51 <ev> - Started investigating how we can translate Breakpad-generated error reports
16:23:51 <ev> into Apport reports:
16:23:51 <ev> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ErrorTracker/BreakpadApplicationSupport
16:23:51 <ev> - Code review.
16:23:59 <ev> Blueprints:
16:23:59 <ev> https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/foundations-r-crash-database
16:24:00 <ev> - Work with the kernel team now done, with the remaining tasks handed over to them.
16:24:00 <ev> - Errors from Debconf dialogs and graphical application hangs still sitting in
16:24:00 <ev> the nearly-done state, waiting for me to find enough time to finish them off.
16:24:00 <ev> - Will likely defer the Hadoop-dependent "What's interesting about this
16:24:00 <ev> problem?" task, as IS refuses to touch my Hadoop deployment instructions
16:24:00 <ev> until we get production on prodstack, thus fixing the retracer scaling
16:24:01 <ev> problem.
16:24:08 <ev> - Will work on the automatic error reporting mechanism soon, as it's required
16:24:08 <ev> for a number of work items (juju, landscape, etc).
16:24:08 <ev> - I'll be completing all the nagios tasks as I implement that piece of the
16:24:08 <ev> prodstack deployment.
16:24:08 <ev> https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/foundations-r-updates-from-crash-reports
16:24:09 <ev> - Will hold off on this until the tail-end of the cycle, time permitting.
16:24:09 <ev> https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/foundations-r-fix-ddebs
16:24:09 <ev> - Blocked on infinity (?) teaching the librarian to publish ddebs.
16:24:15 <ev> https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/foundations-r-metrics
16:24:15 <ev> - Deferred.
16:24:15 <ev> https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/foundations-r-bucketing-improvements
16:24:15 <ev> - Plan in place. I need to run this by the security team as there are
16:24:15 <ev> outstanding questions as to how we retain enough privileges to drop to the
16:24:15 <ev> user experiencing the error to run the additional hooks.
16:24:16 <ev> https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/foundations-r-phased-updates
16:24:16 <ev> - Brian is mostly handling this.
16:24:20 <ev> (done)
16:24:33 <cjwatson> Feature progress this week:
16:24:34 <cjwatson> foundations-r-finish-archive-reorg: debmirror patch accepted upstream.  Launchpad patch to add Package-Set fields in progress.  Discussed detailed requirements with security team (earlier this year).  Next step: discuss detailed requirements for Supported field with PES/GSS/etc.
16:24:39 <cjwatson> foundations-r-grub-integration-testing: Got hold of upstream's megatest scripts, which may come in handy here.
16:24:42 <cjwatson> foundations-r-phased-updates: Launchpad database patch deployed.  Launchpad code patch pushed and awaiting review.
16:24:45 <cjwatson> foundations-r-secure-boot: Sufficiently done for 12.04.2.  Next step: look into using -signed preferentially, for 13.04 and 12.04.3.
16:24:49 <cjwatson> foundations-r-upload-intermediary: Still figuring out how to hook in autopkgtest.  This didn't quite make it to the top of my list this week, but I live in hope.
16:24:52 <cjwatson> 12.04.2:
16:24:54 <cjwatson> Significant progress on oversizedness.  Should be fine as soon as I figure out why my attempt at language pack removal apparently didn't stick (just asked webops to tweak apt preferences).
16:24:58 <cjwatson> Almost everything else looks good; just sorting out the last few necessary bug-fixes.
16:25:01 <cjwatson> Installer:
16:25:04 <cjwatson> Figured out bug 1065281 (I think).  Awaiting confirmation before I finish the backports for 12.04.2.
16:25:07 <ubottu> bug 1065281 in partman-efi (Ubuntu Quantal) "Installer crashed when trying to partition 4k/4k sector hard disks" [High,In progress] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1065281
16:25:07 <cjwatson> Refactored automatic mode a bit.
16:25:10 <cjwatson> Committed fix for bug 1057485 for 12.04.2.
16:25:11 <ubottu> bug 1057485 in ubiquity (Ubuntu Precise) "ubiquity-kde codepage problem in Timezone map (Timezone.py)" [High,In progress] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1057485
16:25:12 <cjwatson> GRUB:
16:25:15 <cjwatson> Reduced delta against Debian a bit.
16:25:17 <cjwatson> Continued back-burner work on nested function removal.
16:25:20 <cjwatson> Sorted out problems with containers a bit more comprehensively (bug 1060404).
16:25:21 <ubottu> bug 1060404 in lxc (Ubuntu Precise) "update-grub runs and fails in containers" [High,Triaged] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1060404
16:25:23 <cjwatson> Archive admin / Launchpad:
16:25:25 <cjwatson> Got fed up with developers having to use debuild -v when stacking multiple SRUs; fixed sru-report to handle this, and filed bug 1102870 for the remaining Launchpad work.  I hope to get the latter fixed next week.
16:25:26 <ubottu> bug 1102870 in Launchpad itself "Copies use naïve ancestry check to calculate previous version for notifications and bug closures" [High,Triaged] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1102870
16:25:29 <cjwatson> Trying to narrow down https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-devel/2013-January/036374.html.
16:25:32 <cjwatson> On holiday tomorrow morning and all of Friday.
16:25:35 <cjwatson> ..
16:26:41 <slangasek> any more questions over the above?
16:27:26 <slangasek> [TOPIC] Bugs
16:28:15 <slangasek> bdmurray: anything new popping up?
16:29:26 <bdmurray> slangasek: bug 1102499 but I see it was assigned already
16:29:28 <ubottu> bug 1102499 in mdadm (Ubuntu) "Cannot see 'bootdegraded' question" [High,Triaged] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1102499
16:29:55 <bdmurray> bug 1101326 is that for us or the desktop team?
16:29:56 <ubottu> bug 1101326 in consolekit (Ubuntu) "console-kit-daemon appears to consume 2GB of memory" [High,New] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1101326
16:32:22 <slangasek> bdmurray: we can ask seb128 if he has someone who can look at consolekit; otherwise ours
16:32:56 <bdmurray> slangasek: is that we as in me?
16:34:08 <bdmurray> I've been reviewing some of our past bugs and bug 1013681 could still use fixing.
16:34:10 <ubottu> bug 1013681 in apt (Ubuntu Quantal) "make apt-key net-update secure" [High,Triaged] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1013681
16:34:26 <slangasek> bdmurray: we as in you> yes please :)
16:34:27 <bdmurray> cjwatson: you'd mentioned a server side change...
16:35:21 <doko> I really hope that the eglibc update still will get into 12.04.2 (can't see infinity online here)
16:36:56 <cjwatson> Oh, err, I'd sort of lost track of that one
16:37:47 <cjwatson> IIRC it's a static file to be put somewhere?  If somebody provides the file and tells me where to install it ...
16:38:18 <cjwatson> Oh, you can't, it's a signed file.  Instructions for doing so, then
16:38:27 <cjwatson> Happy to be a substitute webop for this purpose ;)
16:42:45 <bdmurray> slangasek: and regarding bug 1094218 did we want to get it assigned?  It is still the #1 error on errors.ubuntu.com. (Oh, the vast majority of the reports are from 12.04)
16:42:47 <ubottu> bug 1094218 in lsb (Ubuntu) "lsb_release crashed with IOError in getstatusoutput(): [Errno 10] No child processes" [Medium,Confirmed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1094218
16:43:15 <slangasek> bdmurray: well, I haven't been able to reproduce it, and it appears to be caused by a third-party deb even if we can't figure out how
16:43:25 <slangasek> bdmurray: so it's not at the top of the priority list IMHO
16:44:20 <ev> nonsense, all problems should be prioritised based on their rank on errors.ubuntu.com! ;)
16:44:29 <slangasek> heh
16:44:39 <xnox> despite being caused by a third-party deb, I don't expect lsb_release to ever crash like that.
16:44:51 <slangasek> I don't either, and I also can't /get/ it to crash like that
16:44:56 <xnox> it should return an error exit code and possibly some output.
16:45:32 <slangasek> as cjwatson noted last week, it looks like something has reaped our child for us, which doesn't make sense
16:47:15 <stgraber> I've actually introduced a bug like that in python3-lxc once as I had a generic child reaper in the python module, so anything import python3-lxc was getting their child reaped for them and trickering similar errors
16:48:11 <slangasek> stgraber: well, teamviewer doesn't install any python code at all so shouldn't be the cause of generic child reapers... if you want to take a look, though, feel free
16:48:32 <slangasek> bdmurray: anything else?
16:48:39 <bdmurray> bug 869825
16:48:42 <ubottu> bug 869825 in ubiquity (Ubuntu) "French (Switzerland) is no longer a layout choice in the installer" [Medium,Triaged] https://launchpad.net/bugs/869825
16:49:34 <slangasek> wontfix> stgraber lives in Canada now
16:49:41 <ev> hahaha
16:49:43 <stgraber> that's actually wrong, fr_CH is in there, just not where you'd think it'd be, it's under German (Switzerland) IIRC
16:49:54 * slangasek blinks
16:50:06 <bdmurray> right it says that in the description
16:50:17 <bdmurray> ' Swiss-french people now have to go to "German (Switzerland)" and then choose Switzerland French layout in the right pane.'
16:53:09 <xnox> well, we took keyboard layouts from debian.... sure we can have an ubuntu patch for this.
16:54:02 <slangasek> is this straightforward to fix?
16:54:30 <stgraber> it's probably straightforward to fix once we find where the bug is and console-setup usually gives me headaches :)
16:54:58 * ogra_ joins the console-setup whining
16:55:02 <xnox> reading wikipedia the only difference between switzerland german/french/italian/romanish/liechtenstein/luxembourg keyboard layout is which accented characters get the preferencial access without dead keys.
16:55:04 <ogra_> *whine*
16:55:51 <xnox> so i'm pretty sure that any swiss computer user can use any swiss keyboard ;-)
16:55:59 <xnox> layout.
16:56:09 <stgraber> xnox: yep, the physical layout is identical between fr_CH and de_CH, it's just that you get direct é and à with the french layout and ö and ü with the german layout
16:56:41 * xnox ponders if we can display same layout in multiple categories....
16:56:42 <stgraber> xnox: well, they'll be a bit annoyed having to press shift a lot more often than usual, but yeah, it won't prevent them from installing and changing the layout later
16:57:05 <cjwatson> I question whether that's in console-setup
16:57:13 <slangasek> so does anyone want to take this bug?
16:57:19 <cjwatson> Because most of the keyboard layout/variant categorisation stuff comes more directly from xkb-data
16:57:31 <cjwatson> (well, possibly it might involve a console-setup rebuild)
16:57:48 <cjwatson> slangasek: I'll take it and hate myself
16:58:05 <slangasek> done ;)
16:58:09 <slangasek> [TOPIC] AOB
16:58:10 <slangasek> anything else?
16:58:37 <bdmurray> who is the right person to review a software-center merge proposal?
16:58:52 <xnox> mterry?!
16:58:56 <xnox> or mvo....
16:59:09 <xnox> depends which bits of software center.
16:59:13 <stgraber> bdmurray: I'd have said mvo but that's probably not true anymore, hold on a sec, I'll find a good fallback :)
16:59:16 <barry> probably not mvo ;)
16:59:20 <barry> alsina
16:59:22 <ogra_> and depends if you can catch mvo online
16:59:24 <barry> (i think)
16:59:33 <xnox> bdmurray: which merge proposal?
16:59:39 <bdmurray> https://code.launchpad.net/~brian-murray/software-center/bug-1095823/+merge/143971
17:00:00 <xnox> (e.g. if it's not the black magic core it may be easier )
17:00:22 <bdmurray> nope its kind of silly
17:00:50 <stgraber> bdmurray: bah, my usual fallback apparently no longer works for Canonical either ;)
17:01:18 <ogra_> well, but that change looks rather easy :)
17:01:32 <xnox> bdmurray: infinity is in the correct team membership, he  can +1 it, and then tarmac should auto land the patch =)
17:01:44 <doko> barry, looks like there some extra changes, but I can't see these being committed to debian
17:01:53 <xnox> barry: and you can as well =)))
17:02:18 <ogra_> after all you can just trust smagoun and blame him afterwards if it failed
17:02:22 * xnox thinks he got lp permissions wrong.
17:02:34 <barry> xnox: true.  i can review it but i don't feel comfortable committing it.  roberto alsina is leading the project now i think
17:02:52 <xnox> barry: it's a one line typo fix.
17:02:58 <barry> xnox: oh
17:03:08 <bdmurray> 2 characters even
17:03:18 <ogra_> -OEM_CHANNEL_DESCRIPTOR = "/var/lib/ubuntu-dist-channel"
17:03:18 <ogra_> +OEM_CHANNEL_DESCRIPTOR = "/var/lib/ubuntu_dist_channel"
17:03:32 <xnox> barry: it's OEM priority. we should be landing it and sru'ing it.
17:03:58 * xnox likes the humble "Ubuntu One Control Tower" team name.
17:05:05 <barry> xnox, bdmurray approved.  i have to skip out for an errand at lunch (soon as this meeting's over), but ping me and i'll land it when i get back if no one else does
17:05:21 <slangasek> #endmeeting