16:08:25 <slangasek> #startmeeting
16:08:25 <meetingology> Meeting started Wed Jan  2 16:08:25 2013 UTC.  The chair is slangasek. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.ubuntu.com/meetingology.
16:08:25 <meetingology> 
16:08:25 <meetingology> Available commands: #accept #accepted #action #agree #agreed #chair #commands #endmeeting #endvote #halp #help #idea #info #link #lurk #meetingname #meetingtopic #nick #progress #rejected #replay #restrictlogs #save #startmeeting #subtopic #topic #unchair #undo #unlurk #vote #voters #votesrequired
16:08:32 <doko> back from skiing ...
16:08:44 <infinity> doko: Do you still have legs?
16:09:06 <slangasek> not sure we need a lightning round to talk about what we got for Christmas
16:09:09 <doko> still somehow working, couldn't resist the powder however ...
16:10:41 <slangasek> well, what the heck; we can still do a lightning round to talk about what we're working on this week :)
16:10:47 <slangasek> [TOPIC] lightning round
16:11:10 <slangasek> $ echo $(shuf -e barry doko stgraber jodh ev bdmurray slangasek ogra cjwatson xnox stokachu)
16:11:13 <slangasek> stokachu cjwatson doko barry slangasek ev stgraber bdmurray jodh ogra xnox
16:11:21 * xnox win
16:11:23 <slangasek> stokachu: around?
16:12:15 <slangasek> cjwatson: your turn!
16:12:19 <cjwatson> Spent some time over the Christmas break poking at removing nested functions from GRUB, which will no doubt make the security team happy if I manage to land it.  Planning to spend a bit more time pushing that up the hill this week, along with switching our GRUB packaging to GCC 4.7.
16:12:34 <cjwatson> Also continuing work on britney/autopkgtest and preparing for the 12.04.2 point release.
16:12:46 <cjwatson> (We need to finish off the SB landings ...)
16:12:46 <cjwatson> ..
16:12:58 <slangasek> indeed we do :/
16:13:07 <slangasek> doko:
16:13:28 <doko> looked at the cross buildability for buildd chroots, https://wiki.ubuntu.com/CrossBuilding/BuilddChroot
16:14:09 <doko> todo for the next week: evaluating ftbfs for the test rebuilds, cross build fixes
16:14:11 <doko> ..
16:14:12 <infinity> I'll get the eglibc parts of that fixed along with the 2.17 upload.
16:14:22 <slangasek> doko: I was going to ask, I notice that dbus says 'requires python-dbus' but there's no comment on why dbus-python doesn't build
16:14:37 <doko> circular b-d
16:14:45 <slangasek> ok
16:14:52 * xnox fixed e2fsprogs & commented about shadow.
16:15:04 * barry was quasi-blissfully semi-offline for the xmas break.  todo: finish up oneconf, and then the usual.  done.
16:15:58 <slangasek> so I accomplished none of the things I had put on my list to work on over break, because instead I've wound up prepping for a surprise trip to China
16:16:12 <xnox> \0/ awesome =)
16:16:19 <slangasek> which is from 5-9 Jan
16:16:21 <doko> cjwatson, should we drop versioned b-d's where the package builds otherwise?
16:16:50 <cjwatson> doko: example?
16:16:55 <doko> cjwatson, perl
16:16:58 <infinity> doko: I really think we need better ways to mangle build-deps in the build process.
16:17:01 <barry> slangasek: hopefully for fun!
16:17:15 <doko> cjwatson, or eglibc
16:17:17 <infinity> doko: Cause versioned build-deps are often correct and sane (especially for people attempting to backport)
16:17:21 <cjwatson> yeah, what infinity said, we should fix that in sbuild
16:17:23 <slangasek> I'll also be off this Friday as a swap day; and I won't have any of my keys with me (or even my laptop) so don't expect me to be doing any other work those days :)
16:17:31 <slangasek> barry: it's work :)
16:17:38 <barry> ah well
16:17:46 <cjwatson> and I'd like to keep those around as good test cases
16:17:49 <doko> cjwatson, hmm, but that won't work for dpkg-buildpackage?
16:18:28 <infinity> Yeah, the cross-fu almost needs to be in dpkg-checkbuilddeps.
16:18:43 <cjwatson> sbuild and dpkg-checkbuilddeps, yes
16:18:44 * xnox is next, I guess.....
16:18:46 <infinity> (Though sbuild also needs to know about it)
16:18:49 <slangasek> so other than trying to get everything in order for that trip & associated presentations next week, I still need to get the gnu-efi regression sorted out to follow through on the SB updates
16:18:54 <cjwatson> I don't see why we can't do it for both - I just haven't got round to it yet
16:19:02 <slangasek> and that's probably about as much as you can expect me to get done this week
16:19:05 <slangasek> ..
16:19:06 <bdmurray> xnox: I'm next but waiting for a done
16:19:10 <cjwatson> seeing as we only really came up with the general mangling idea in Dec
16:19:45 <xnox> bdmurray: hello =) sorry, I missread holiday calendar.
16:19:57 <bdmurray> I neglected sending an update on the 19th so have some stuff to report from before the break.
16:20:07 <bdmurray> uploaded ubuntu-release-upgrader fix for bug 1071388
16:20:07 <bdmurray> uploaded whoopsie to quantal-proposed fixing bug 1084311
16:20:07 <bdmurray> uploaded SRU fix for bug 1066347
16:20:07 <bdmurray> arsenal merge proposal regarding collect-bug-data and inactive users
16:20:09 <ubottu> bug 1071388 in ubuntu-release-upgrader (Ubuntu Quantal) "UnicodeDecodeError in askYesNoQuestion of DistUpgradeViewText.py" [High,Fix committed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1071388
16:20:11 <ubottu> bug 1084311 in whoopsie (Ubuntu Quantal) "modifies .uploaded time every time whoopsie starts" [High,In progress] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1084311
16:20:12 <ubottu> bug 1066347 in apt-clone (Ubuntu Precise) ""Reinstall Ubuntu" failed - apt-clone crashes with: KeyError: "filename './etc/apt/sources.list' not found" line 1886 in getmember in tarfile.py" [High,Triaged] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1066347
16:20:20 <bdmurray> reported daisy bug 1090583 regarding failure to upload core dump
16:20:20 <bdmurray> worked on source package view for errors.ubuntu.com
16:20:20 <bdmurray> worked on team view for errors.ubuntu.com
16:20:20 <bdmurray> patch piloted
16:20:20 <bdmurray> SRU verification of bug 936870
16:20:22 <ubottu> bug 1090583 in Daisy "unable to submit a touchegg core dump to daisy" [High,New] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1090583
16:20:23 <ubottu> bug 936870 in unattended-upgrades (Ubuntu Precise) "unattended upgrade failing due to incorrectly detected conffile prompt due to "newconffile" line" [Medium,Fix released] https://launchpad.net/bugs/936870
16:20:40 <bdmurray> this week I'll be finishing up the source package view and team view at errors.ubuntu.com
16:20:54 <bdmurray> ⁂  done ⁂
16:21:35 <xnox> * fixed a couple FTBFS (from archive, rebuild, cross).
16:21:35 <xnox> * In-progress finding what's causing partman hangs on some systems
16:21:35 <xnox> * Upstart - overrides from any directory: implemented, existing tests
16:21:35 <xnox> pass, now fixing memleaks & writing tests for new functionality.
16:21:54 <xnox> that's it from christmas break.
16:21:58 <xnox> - done -
16:22:47 <slangasek> xnox: is there a bug ref for these partman hangs?
16:23:50 <xnox> bug 1080701 and others referenced in it
16:23:52 <ubottu> bug 1080701 in ubiquity (Ubuntu Raring) "After 'Preparing to install Ubuntu' screen, raring installation hangs" [High,Confirmed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1080701
16:26:44 <slangasek> any other questions on the above?
16:26:44 <slangasek> [TOPIC] Bugs
16:26:44 <slangasek> bdmurray: anything needing our attention this week?
16:26:48 <doko> xnox, could you update the wiki page about e2fsprogs?
16:26:56 <xnox> doko: I did =)
16:27:06 <slangasek> hmm, am I still connected? :)
16:27:07 <bdmurray> slangasek: no, not this week
16:28:12 <slangasek> bdmurray: ok, thanks
16:28:17 <slangasek> [TOPIC] AOB
16:28:39 <slangasek> anything else?
16:28:44 <infinity> Hinted at it above, but since I don't do the lightning round anymore, should mention it harder: I plan to upload eglibc 2.17 this week.
16:28:49 <slangasek> xnox: maybe you should change e2fsprogs from red to green though :)
16:28:59 <slangasek> infinity: nice
16:29:39 <xnox> slangasek: well. I want to wait for green light from cjwatson's cloud cross-builder.
16:29:50 <slangasek> ok
16:30:17 <xnox> doko: new shadow, will add ustr & libsemanage to min. chroot.
16:30:37 <xnox> which I noted to fix cross-build for.
16:30:45 <cjwatson> anyone fancy sitting on the security team's head 'til they make a decision about libsemanage? :)
16:31:06 <xnox> cjwatson: they did "fix commit" it.
16:31:09 <xnox> on the bug.
16:31:23 <cjwatson> ah yes
16:31:23 <cjwatson> bug 1077484
16:31:25 <ubottu> bug 1077484 in shadow (Ubuntu) "[MIR] libsemanage (shadow's rdep to continue SELinux support in shadow)" [Undecided,Confirmed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/1077484
16:31:36 * infinity does some promotion dances.
16:32:29 <xnox> AOB: new shadow upstream release about to hit raring =)
16:33:02 <cjwatson> bdmurray: could you subscribe foundations-bugs to libsemanage?
16:33:24 <xnox> and ustr?
16:33:26 <cjwatson> bdmurray: and ustr as well
16:33:28 <cjwatson> snap :)
16:34:15 <xnox> =))))))
16:34:21 <bdmurray> cjwatson: will do
16:35:06 <slangasek> ok, if there's nothing else, we can all go back to watching the countdown on www.ubuntu.com now
16:35:13 <slangasek> #endmeeting